What you do for a friend..

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well after suds night, drove Lyle home (Catmando), his truck was having some troubles and I though we can take a peek and run the codes.
So put the code reader in came up with
P0603 - That can come up when your using a tuner or programmer so we ruled this out out
P1316 - IDM has injector codes stored and they could be electrical or mechanical, it was to do with injectors or something with the valve covers. It said to check the wire harness on the valve covers. We did and the same.
Cleared the codes, tried starting same thing. No start, ran a bit weird sounded more electronic.
So we unhooked the batteries, then hooked back up and the same.

It was about 11:00 so we decided to see if my AMA RV Plus membership would tow him. Hmmm, first they will tow as long as im with that person :d But being a flat deck 4 door truck they said they don't tow them. She asked me to hold on the line and as a RV Plus member they might. Then she came back on and said they would. They would send out there flat deck tow truck it would be up to 90 minutes. Well about midnight a big AMA tow truck showed up with a nice little driver. He admitted that he hasn't used that truck for a while so he was a bit rusty. So after a bit we got Lyle's truck on there. And made it to Diesel Tech, So we parked it on the down slope driveway, with the tow truck on the flat. It was kind of interesting getting it off the deck, I should of got a picture when the tow trucks back tires were off the ground about 20", looked kind of cool. The poor driver sure was puzzled.:d Eventually he figured out the controls, and how to make the winch go in and out. Lyle's eyes grew bigger when his truck fell off the deck at the end, Ah it was only about a 16" drop. A bit of noise as the plastic spoiler smashed the end of the deck but there was only minimal damage, I hope, nothing that a few bolts won't fix. The poor driver worked so hard to put the truck there. Then we went to Mcdonalds for a quick snack and headed back home. It was a late night 2:20 but was worth it for the laughs.

If you dont have AMA RV Plus I would recommend it, no mileage charges, not many limitations compared to the regular plan.

Oh ya Lyle, is it pulling to the right now, is that rubber tire OK.

Attachments

• lyle1.jpg
    lyle1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 27
  • lyle2.jpg
    lyle2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm? Looks like the truck I drive for work. If you were in Ponoka I would have hauled you no problems.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First of all you dont get better friends than Ron,..I wasnt surprised that he helped me out cause thats the way he roll's but let me tell you nobody appreciates it more than me,was pretty worried my truck was pooched but got word today that the code reader worked good and diagnosed the problem and then Diesel Tech confirmed it,1100.00 dollars later I should be able to pick er up monday.
Thanks again Ron,You da Man!
catmando!

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Glad it was nothing major. I hope the tow trucks ok though. I was kinda wondering when the back tires were off the ground and he was pushing all the levers and nothing much was happening. Im sure he parked that truck and was glad to get back in his regular one. Maybe he could work the GPS better.lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too bad we wouldnt have got more pics,there were some good stories there LOL!LMAO...........the gate was the best one LOL!
Get your quad ready for Sunday yet?
catmando!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Used to run one of those deck trucks way back when.There's no rocket science involved...LOL

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I managed to assemble a crew of friends at midnight on a saturday night when I had a busted leaf spring on the boat trailer and was dead weight on the side of the road....Many #'s, Plio & mallard showed up to save the day...

Top Bottom