What y'all think about "The Track Bar"

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong the track bar would work, it is like ice scratchers work well till ya forget about them, oops.:d

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked up the transport canada law on securing snow machines last year and it said you need to have 4 points tied down. Both front skis (a superclamp acts as 2 points and is approved) and two points over the rear which is two straps. A single superclamp on the skid is not good enough. Nothing saying it has to load the suspension, only that it has to keep the machine from bouncing or moving on it's transport surface.
This track bar I think would be an approved tie-down system. My only concern would be of it stretching the track but it may be fine as the tracks are pretty tough.
Personally, I use a superclamp on the skis and two straps crossing over the skid. Then I throw a third one over the skid and around the rear bar of the sled deck so it can't bounce. I drive a little more aggressive than most and I don't want my ch!t coming loose lol.

Last edited:

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Send them an email and find out. Surely they have done their home work.

No need to email them, I don't run them. I don't see the need to pay $400 to secure my sled. Tie straps have worked just fine for me for the last 15 years. I'm sure superclamps are legal, I was just making the statement that if the suspension need to be loaded then they wouldn't be legal

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone post pics of their rear tie down?
I understand the issue with a strap on the bumper and would like to see other options.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with strapping over the track for a hour while you drive to the trail head? I could see not wanting to leave it on there for the summer but what would an hour do? It is not like a wimpy 10 dollar Canadian Tire strap could stretch the track or anything.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the trackbar
works great and no issues w it so far
$35 for it and another $10 for 2 straps is pretty cheap IMO

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive used mine a few times as well, seems to work awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Gives you the 4 points of contact for the highway referees, and a good amount of security for the rear of the sled... You don't need to set the straps that tight at all to ensure a secure load, just enough to take the slack out is more than enough.... Using it in combination with your E-brake and a front S-clamp works IMO excellent!!!!!!!!!

And I haven't forgot it on the track as i unload.... YET lol

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Load on the track from a strap wont hurt anything how much hp does ur sled have and ppl are worried about putting 50-60 lbs force on a track that mow's through trees and rocks at a high rate of speed there would be more force from engine braking in decent ppl just think too much theory and not enuf practical I think it's a great idea for my deck cause I have head my rails kill a few straps and u don't need suspension loaded just four tie points in opposing direction prob is that lots of officers don't know what the law is and are just used to winging it and getting away with it that they feel what ever they can dream up must be law but with that sayed if they didn't inforce it hardcore I can't imagine what kind of tie down system ppl would try to get away with and there is enuf ppl getting killed from rocks stuck in tires imagin hitting a sled with the windshield

Tiny pro-x

Reaction score
If you tie down using your bumper it mite bend so tunnels on some sleds and if the suspenion comprises the hook mite fall off. A buddy learn that once towing he's
rhino on a trailor hit big bump strap came off fell off trailor went in ditch roll abunch of timesand did know till trucker caught up to him

Top Bottom