what would you do?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have this guy at work, hes been there the longest of all of us
(only 3 years). he is a guy that just punches in and punches out, dosent involve himself at all, knows nothing about changes or anthing that happends at meeting. He just got promoted becuase of his so called seinority and everyone is pissed off that he got the position he got. no only are we that could have it as well but manufacturing and project managers and everyone is pissed how useless he is. he made the whole floor move instead of just him moving into engineering he moved engineering to him, engineers that are higher up than him and been at the company longer. A other manager has been pissed he wasnt at work the last 4 fridays to work along with him and tells my manager to fire him, the head project manager wants him fired becuase hes useless and has made no deadlines............... I DONT GET IT. NO ONE DOES, hes not realated to the bosses, he is screwing everything up he does all these other managers bring all this up in meetings and my boss and manager dont seem to want to do anything about it.

we all know the changes hes making are going to blow up on them in the future.

what do you do? im sick of my job, but i love my hours and the people.....i want his positon, hell i want anyone else to have it and so do so many others. Its just crazyyyyyyy. I try not to think about it but its starting to affect me and everyone else, if there wasnt such a ressesion we would all threaten to quit......

it sucks when you put your heart in your work and care about whats going on and watch this person muck stuff up........if i went in to detail it would make more sence but i tried to make it easier to understand

Last edited by a moderator:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think that if there were enough complaints about one particular person that something would have to be done.

Yourself and others can voice individual opinions and not in a "group" manor. Explain how the changes are affecting you, specifically your job, mentality etc.

Or you could just take him out back and beat him senseless,.. but that's just me.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think that if there were enough complaints about one particular person that something would have to be done.

Yourself and others can voice individual opinions and not in a "group" manor. Explain how the changes are affecting you, specifically your job, mentality etc.

Or you could just take him out back and beat him senseless,.. but that's just me.

haha........he accutally was sending creepy emails to a girl that my another guy is dating and we were told not to email becuase people can blackmail you. so we were told to beat them out side of work

it just makes no sense.......... i asked my boss before he got teh position if he would ask who manufacturing would liek to work with and he plainly said they arnt in my department so i dont care.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha........he accutally was sending creepy emails to a girl that my another guy is dating and we were told not to email becuase people can blackmail you. so we were told to beat them out side of work

it just makes no sense.......... i asked my boss before he got teh position if he would ask who manufacturing would liek to work with and he plainly said they arnt in my department so i dont care.[/QUOTE

as long as the rest of the people at work are great to get along with that makes the job that much better and he must have pictures of the big guy and that sheep just west of town
time will expose those who need to be exposed

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put some crack and a pipe in his desk....load his puter with kiddie pr0n....or maybe ask him why he's a fawk up?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Observe and keep track (document) of specific incidents you witness which show his incompetance/lack of dedication/poor management. Don't go around stalking the guy but if he's as bad as you say it should be easy to compile a decent list.

When you feel you have a solid foundation for the point your trying to get across contact someone in management who outranks the individual and ask for a private meeting. Preferably a manager who knows you to be a good worker and an upstanding person. Your job is like any other aspect of your life, you deserve to enjoy it and have the right to defend it....

If that don't work, see teeroy's suggestion above....

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Observe and keep track (document) of specific incidents you witness which show his incompetance/lack of dedication/poor management. Don't go around stalking the guy but if he's as bad as you say it should be easy to compile a decent list.

When you feel you have a solid foundation for the point your trying to get across contact someone in management who outranks the individual and ask for a private meeting. Preferably a manager who knows you to be a good worker and an upstanding person. Your job is like any other aspect of your life, you deserve to enjoy it and have the right to defend it....

If that don't work, see teeroy's suggestion above....

Now Mods take note of Boogers last post. Time to start observing and tracking him.
Oh ya to late already being done.
You good Booger JUST SAYING

Last edited:
S

stripe

Now Mods take noye of Boogers last post. Time to start observing and tracking him.
Oh ya to late already being done.
You good Booger JUST SAYING

That is why S&M had to add 10 new 1TB hard drives just to keep track of all the BS boggers has caused :eek:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That is why S&M had to add 10 new 1TB hard drives just to keep track of all the BS boggers has caused :eek:

You call it BS..... I call it calculated system testing, someone has to identify flaws in the system which could possibly be manipulated by questionable fringe membership.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a subsciption to the North American Man/Boy Love Association in his name and have it sent to the office then send a dozen roses to the Company Presidents son in his name.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah, trying not to let it bother me.... its our slow time and we are doing a bunch of clean up stuff soon. my boss lost it because he needs to be working ot and hasnt showed up the last 5 fridays for ot and they need this ch!t done.

he didnt come today and then he finally came in at noon......i love overtime as long as im busy, sitting around is plucking boring. we are suppose to get another couple million doller project so i should be super busy in a couple weeks...........his deadline is coming up if he blows this he might be gone.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I few years ago at a christmas party , i over heard the INSPECTER saying that he is going to hire some one to help him out. so i asked who this person was , and he said it was some one i know, but that it was a surprise. WTF I thought ?? for the last few month's peeps at work said they heard through the grapevine , that i was being considered for the jog , on a trile basis. so like a fool i got my hopes up . i so wanted to park my welding truck , and give this a shot ........ but ........ starting back too work on the 5th of JAN, WHO shows up on the lease in a brand new truck , a guy who could not weld in the first place. and i know him . he pulls up to my truck and announces that he is our new inspector... LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!! First thing he wanted to know was how to tie in the well head , and i said i dont no....and drove away, this put the job back 3 day's . when ask by his boss what is taking so friggen long , wheres the pile drivers , the pipe , the fittings , the buildings,the prints . why did'nt you just ask the welder thats been here for 7 years for help. FAWK THAT......... WHEN asked by the lead inspector what was going on , i said hell i dont know, you hired him , and drove away ..... just a rant i guess........... some people are just in the wrong position , for all the wrong reasons , and they know who they are

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I few years ago at a christmas party , i over heard the INSPECTER saying that he is going to hire some one to help him out. so i asked who this person was , and he said it was some one i know, but that it was a surprise. WTF I thought ?? for the last few month's peeps at work said they heard through the grapevine , that i was being considered for the jog , on a trile basis. so like a fool i got my hopes up . i so wanted to park my welding truck , and give this a shot ........ but ........ starting back too work on the 5th of JAN, WHO shows up on the lease in a brand new truck , a guy who could not weld in the first place. and i know him . he pulls up to my truck and announces that he is our new inspector... LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!! First thing he wanted to know was how to tie in the well head , and i said i dont no....and drove away, this put the job back 3 day's . when ask by his boss what is taking so friggen long , wheres the pile drivers , the pipe , the fittings , the buildings,the prints . why did'nt you just ask the welder thats been here for 7 years for help. FAWK THAT......... WHEN asked by the lead inspector what was going on , i said hell i dont know, you hired him , and drove away ..... just a rant i guess........... some people are just in the wrong position , for all the wrong reasons , and they know who they are

we make trusses, and this guy is making new truss shop drawings. we have 3 sizes, the smallest is a 1/3rd of the largest the second is 2/3rds or the largest. im down on the shop floor and the jig makers are loosing it, i walk over there and they are like these new trusses need to have a hundred different web stops and all have different webs.... i look at them and was like they all should use the same web but different spacings. so i go behind my bosses back and this guys back and modify his show drawings to make them use the same web and webstops and give it to the jig maker to show how much of a idiot the other guy is, he takes it to the head of production and they go to my boss and say this needs to happen and no one knew i made the drawings, and so he has to change them all......BUT HE CANT DO IT BECAUSE HE IS SO plucking USELESS so the welders have to figure it out and give as built dimensions. and his drawings steel parts just float......he dosent know how to use 3d modeling software and hes been at the company 2 years longer than me.......USELESS.

its starting to be a quality assurance issue......people are like why do you care its not your project, but im not a 9-5 worker. i work there and i care....i want to take pride in what i do and my company and it pisses me off when they are letting half ass ch!t go through and promoted a slacker to a position my self and others deserved.

I would expliain more but i cant becuase of company policy to let out anymore information. it would make more sence if it explained it all but i cant.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they promoted him because he is useless everywhere else! Just forget about it! Do your best and GO RIDING. Don't let the clowns drag you down!!

Top Bottom