What would you charge?

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was found about 10 kms up our groomed trails today, Stupid people do exist. Recovery is going to be expensive.
16473346_10158104811230043_2411194766676658645_n.jpg
16427649_10158104811245043_6706867186743433611_n.jpg

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post this on social media, find the owners and let them foot the bill. That's just pure stupidity. Unless it was stolen the owners can pony up the extraction imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: RXN

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what the chances it was stolen, call the police report it , go from there! can't see anyone on this site being able to do much about it. nice dig though!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Your signature says it all!

To do it properly, the police should instigate/investigate and open up a file. In this day and age, if your SnowCat caused damage, the club/operator/owner could be
liable. If it is stolen and the club removes it, there should be an insurance claim for the high cost of removal. Hourly rate for SnowCat & operator, hourly rate for co-worker, special rate/km for towing, flat bed hauling from staging area and storage. Yes, the bill could amount to big dollars!

Good luck David. A match would be cheaper but a lot harder/more expensive to clean up the burnt out shell that to deal with it the way it is.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what the chances it was stolen, call the police report it , go from there! can't see anyone on this site being able to do much about it. nice dig though!
Already contacted police, it isn't stolen, or at least not reported yet, trying to find owner and yes the bill will be big.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First they should pay any recovery costs. Then they should have to work the trail booth on family day weekend with a sign and picture of their Jeep saying they were the ones with the stuck Jeep on the trail. And if that isn't enough they should be forced to help with restocking firewood at the cabin....If you have one there (Not sure where your at) Anyways what I'm saying is sometimes financial restitution isn't enough. Shame them with some community service. As in this case being the clubs little helper.

• Recommends
Reactions: RXN

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably just out for some fun and adventure not out to damage the groomed snowmobile trail, I'd cut them some slack before posting the license plate all over social media
Ummmmm, if it's. 5 km to 1 km up trail ok mabe

It's 10 fawking km up the trail, that's past a joy ride for fun

Probably stolen, I hope for the owner anyways

sent while drinking tea's

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would simply have flag poles and ribbon put around it for the groomer operator and sleds and leave it as is.

We don't know the story behind it and i would think the driver knew this was not going to get better but in the same token turning a wheeled vehicle around on a sled trail is not an easy thing, its a sure stuck to happen. It does look like the driver might had attempted to pull over knowing fair well he was doomed.
No recovery truck will go get it, so allow the owner to contact the club, then wanting his vehicle back have him pay for the club services. Use of groomer for the recovery, otherwise i will have to sit there for the next couple months.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would simply have flag poles and ribbon put around it for the groomer operator and sleds and leave it as is.

We don't know the story behind it and i would think the driver knew this was not going to get better but in the same token turning a wheeled vehicle around on a sled trail is not an easy thing, its a sure stuck to happen. It does look like the driver might had attempted to pull over knowing fair well he was doomed.
No recovery truck will go get it, so allow the owner to contact the club, then wanting his vehicle back have him pay for the club services. Use of groomer for the recovery, otherwise i will have to sit there for the next couple months.

This is how I would approach it. The owner is going to be pretty embarrassed and now has to 'fess up and come to the club for help.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a danger that someone coming down the trail in a sled could hit the back end of it? If so you might want to put up warning tape or signs.

Top Bottom