What type of goggles to buy?

Bucky

Reaction score
Finally got off my wallet and bought a snowcross helmet, was wondering what type of goggles would everyone recommend and where is a good place to buy them? Trail ride mostly, with one or two trips a year to the mountains.

snowrider27

Reaction score
i find that the make isnt really a big deal. but if you try to find some that are anti fog, they dont work 100 percent but i find they are better, and to carry a spare set of goggles as well so you can switch back and forth if needed or throw them under the hood for a bit. theres nothing worse ten fogging up and not being able to see

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a common brand like Scott or Smith so that you have no problems getting replacement lenses when you need them. :twocents:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take your helmet with you as alot of goggels fit different. Try before ya buy!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends....do you wanna look cool, or stay warm?

not so cool looking, but very warm; Scott 89Xi Turbo have the best facial coverage I have found, extra thick foam padding and a nice large noseguard. lots of lens options, including gradient (auto darkening) lenses. as advised, bring your helmet when checking for fit.
89xiturbo.jpg

if you wanna look cool, oakley, 509, and prolly 10 others with mirror lens and a myriad of color options.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have oakley's and 509's like them both and both seem to be warm, use yellow, blue and clear lenses.509's are alot cheaper than the oaks both are great goggles!!!:d:beer:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Habervisions. Good value for polarized lens. And they sell replacement lenses. Habers are just as good of quality as oakley all around but better price.

farmer4ever

Reaction score
I have both Smiths and Scotts and I prefer my Smiths but all because they fit my helmet better. My Scotts leave a tiny tiny little space on each top corner and when doing some good ol fashion -30 Saskatchewan trail riding, you ten to notice those spots in a big hurry. I carry a set of yellows and clears to switch around incase of fog or change of conditions. But coming from a guy who was born with goggles on, I definately agree with the fact you just take your helmet and see what fits best.

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
i have oakley's and 509's like them both and both seem to be warm, use yellow, blue and clear lenses.509's are alot cheaper than the oaks both are great goggles!!!:d:beer:

agreed like the 509's............:d:d

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of habervisons primas they are nice I like the polarized lens, my old pair were smiths which were also good but after 8 years time to try something new.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i bought some progrip googles and they have a clear lens but change from light to dark depending on the light out side. And you can buy lenses that have a quick setup (lil nubs on the main lens) and you can get tear offs for it

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tear offs are for biking and quading good idea ,but dont no how they will work in snow

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yea i dont think the would wokr good in the snow, but i bought the goggles because i had bikes,quads and sleds so its excepnt just loking for diff colord lens now

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had Smith's they were garbage. Got 2 pairs of 509's, the only time I ever had a fogging/ice issue is when I took them off to stop. Best goggle i've used. Very tight fit to the helmet, wore nothing underneath -20 and no frostbite at all, and not cold. Very comfortable to. Tinted lense is real nice to.

hmmc

Reaction score
I have a pair of VonZipper's that are great. Also have some Spy's that work well. I have owned Scott, Smith, Oakley, Annon, and Dragon's. They all work about as well as each other. Just like the Vonzip's the best because of the great looks.

Top Bottom