what trait do all the mountain 800s need to improve on?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weight,power,suspension,reliabity please post your thoughts

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weight,power,suspension,reliabity please post your thoughts

less weight, more power, better suspension.... reliability is good from the doo and cat side i believe, see how the new Poo Poo motor holds up.

a 460 LBS sled fuel of fuel ready to ride with a 180 naturally aspirated hp, 3" track (choose your length) with good piggy back coil over shocks.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody would likely disagree that they should last longer before they need major engine work. They used to years ago when they had under 100 hp. (Insert your Polaris joke here)

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheaper. Its still two skis and a track

Honestly they work great in stock form compared to twenty years ago

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
86d5ebd09b7abe79d7e2b77079d0e985.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And maybe, return of the Snow Hawk! with 180hp, 3inch track, 300lbs, race suspension ext

nv20458_1.jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to offer versions with no warranty for modders. At a reasonable discount.

Exactly! Im curious how much this would save a person. Kind of like making race program sleds available to the general public.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd love to see a "no warranty" option on a snowcheck, or at the very least, be able to order a sled that is less "vanilla", and more specific to your individual weight and riding style - even if it cost more. By the time one tailors a sled to his / her liking, it adds thousands to the already high purchase price. I'd rather have the option of omitting bars, shock packages, etc and start with a basic bulkhead/tunnel/ engine package - half the fun is in the build. Keep the machine simple. I'd also like to see a tether as standard equipment across the board.

Reactions: Dmf

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if it works for sleds but I know you can get a cheaper price and reduced warranty if you buy a sxs through a company. I know a self employed person who just got a commander with I think 6 month warranty instead of 3? Years and it knocked about 2 grand off the price. Might be something to talk about with your dealer of choice if your self employed and looking to void warranty right away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom