What too doo ??

pistonpete

Reaction score
Just wondering what could be stuffed into an XP chassis??
M1000 or Nytro motor?? Is anybody doing, or did this??
Would really like some info on this.Thanks :beer:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen an RT 1000 engine in one at doo talk. Mountain magic is putting a 800 dragon motor and a turbo for a guy in a rev chassis currently. Lots of things can happen with enough time and money. lol Why not just buy a 1200 XR and save the hassle.

pistonpete

Reaction score
Have seen an RT 1000 engine in one at doo talk. Mountain magic is putting a 800 dragon motor and a turbo for a guy in a rev chassis currently. Lots of things can happen with enough time and money. lol Why not just buy a 1200 XR and save the hassle.

I dont like the bigger XR chassis, prefer the yami engine, checking my options for now..
I love my 09 xp chassis but not the 800r.:p

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The xr chassis is the same as the xp chassis, besides the plastics. If you bought a powderlites turbo and told dave you wanted to switch over to xp plastics he builds the kit especially for that. You will also need a polar clutch as well, as the tra will rub with the xp plastics. The tra has a tough enough time standing up to stock power let alone boosted, so it's a must anyways when boosting. For a four stroke turbo I think the doo engine is better for boost than the yammi. Do some research the 1200 almost seems like it was made for boost. Dave from powderlites is a die hard yammi guy and he says the doo motor is awesome for boosting.

Big Bark

Reaction score

Quantum velocity is selling there Yamadoo if it is still available it is exaclty what you are asking for. You wont be dissapointed buying anything from Jeff.
jeff@qvperformance.com
I gurantee you can not build it for what they are asking for the machine. I am sure he would take an XP on trade
403-749-2884. Jeff does awesome work.
He selling it I beleive because he wants a turbo XP like the one he built for me and Evan recently. They are the ultimate machine when done right.

pistonpete

Reaction score
Got alot in mine i would like to keep it, i would take to much of a hit on it if i sold it, like doing this kind of stuff..Thanks guys, please keep info coming,pics if possible..

pistonpete

Reaction score
The xr chassis is the same as the xp chassis, besides the plastics. If you bought a powderlites turbo and told dave you wanted to switch over to xp plastics he builds the kit especially for that. You will also need a polar clutch as well, as the tra will rub with the xp plastics. The tra has a tough enough time standing up to stock power let alone boosted, so it's a must anyways when boosting. For a four stroke turbo I think the doo engine is better for boost than the yammi. Do some research the 1200 almost seems like it was made for boost. Dave from powderlites is a die hard yammi guy and he says the doo motor is awesome for boosting.

Same chassis?? bulkhead too??

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My next project is a rev with a cat 900 efi turbo in it. They work very well in a zx chassis.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turbo XP like the one he built for me and Evan recently. They are the ultimate machine when done right.

so are yours done rite because my buddy got his done there by jeff and im not sure if it takes alot of tuning/testing but his is not so sh@t hot rite now not for the money it cost him i have a 163 x baught same time as him only have it piped and rktec head his himark is only just above mine tho i realise thats a win for him but im atleast 80# heavier than him.what have you done to dial yours in maybe could get his working better thx:beer:

t_thall

Reaction score
there is a carbon fiber xp with a turboed m7 or m8 motor on snowest. They said it was 399lbs all said and done i believe...

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same chassis?? bulkhead too??

Yes, the same. The xr has bigger plastics to accomodate the exhaust and clutch. You could strip the plastics and replace with xp plastics. Talk to powderlites, or the mickus they have done many turbo 1200s with xp plastics.

Top Bottom