What to look out for with my brute 750i 08

RaineMaker

Reaction score
Just read some other threads and thought before I head out this spring I'd ask all the other kawai owners what some wear points to look for and just to be aware about.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both diffs have fresh fluid, forsure the front. acuators are clean so no 4wd issues, front and rear output shafts seals are not leaking.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clean the rad good with a garden hose , i hate the air intakes on the brutes not a necessity but don't ever hit a puddle at any amount of speed with a stk intake

Andys

Reaction score
-Don't over fill the oil, half way up on the dipstick is plenty.
-Snorkel the airbox and clutch intake and exhaust if you ride around any water, there is a design flaw that allows steam to go into the engine. (find snorkeling instructions on Mud in My Blood forums do it yourself for under $100)
-May as well re-route the PCV up to the snorkles as well so you don't puke oil up into the airbox when you are pulling 100' wheelies
-Output shaft seals are notorious for leaking as already mentioned
-Upper A arms on the inner (frame) side bearings get pounded out often. When they do, replace with greasable UMHW bushings
-Offset wheels and upgraded shocks improve not so great handling and diving in fast corners. I run YFZ 450 shocks in the front and a 2" lift in the rear to level it and it makes a huge difference. If I could afford Elkas, they would be on there.

I'll post if I can think of more. I love my Brute, have about 2500 kms on it so far. Like every other machine they have their strengths and weaknesses, and as you get familiar with the machine you will know what to watch out for maintenance.

Hope this helps!

RaineMaker

Reaction score
Great info. I bought it used with only 600miles on it. The first time I talked to a buddy he said snorkel snorkel snorkel. He went throu a river to fast way back the cadomin trails and had to pay lots of coin to have his engine torn down and built up again. So I got a sweet snorkel kit sitting at home waiting for install. I have a winch aswell. I like and don't like how the rad is so exposed could fit a tree in there do you guys ever install some window screening to protect it from rocks that's what I do in my jeeps. Where can a guy get a service manual for it. I need a front plastic bumper looking thing if you guys know anyone that has replace with a real bumper. I want to go with this 2" lift in the rear where's a good price or can I do it home made. Thanx again keep the posts Comming.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rdc is a awsome lift , check out mudinmyblood.com this is the best site for every little thing about the bf, they will have every question u r looking for in the how to and faq under kawasaki

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out for weak (bending) tie rods. You can strengthen them by taking apart and slipping same size pipe over the rod weld at both ends and reassemble.
Also keep the diff lock cable lubed and set perfectly, they seem to go out of adjustment easily and often.
Good luck & enjoy.

RaineMaker

Reaction score
Yah I'll check out mud in my blood a little deeper. Yah my dif lock seems loose but I have no Idea what it should feel like and haven't had time to see if it's actually working.what oil you guys running in your diffs brand and type would be great.

Last edited:

wellluck

Reaction score
Grease all the electrical connections under the seat and make sure you don't forget to wash under the seat thoroughly after each use if playing in the mud. Mud gets trapped in there and connections erode.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great info. I bought it used with only 600miles on it. The first time I talked to a buddy he said snorkel snorkel snorkel. He went throu a river to fast way back the cadomin trails and had to pay lots of coin to have his engine torn down and built up again. So I got a sweet snorkel kit sitting at home waiting for install. I have a winch aswell. I like and don't like how the rad is so exposed could fit a tree in there do you guys ever install some window screening to protect it from rocks that's what I do in my jeeps. Where can a guy get a service manual for it. I need a front plastic bumper looking thing if you guys know anyone that has replace with a real bumper. I want to go with this 2" lift in the rear where's a good price or can I do it home made. Thanx again keep the posts Comming.

If it is an 08 you should have a front grill and there should be a mesh screen in front of the rad. The 07 and older had the open grill but the 08's they put a grill on the front to protect a bit better.
IMO if you are going to lift, do the front and rear, otherwise it might change the stability of the ride. Watch for all the other stuff the other guys mentioned and snorkel. I swamped mine my second ride out by hitting a 6" deep puddle at 40kph. Got lucky and changed the oil 6 times and have had no issues since but could have done in the engine just as easily.

Top Bottom