What to get? recommendations please

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sport quads = Fun! I used to have a Suzuki Z400 and regret getting rid of it.

I have a wolverine and once you do a little bit o tinkering to it, its a great quad. Bigger tires, piped, jetted. I do get high centered in big ruts and the top speed is only 85. But your wife might really like it especially for just starting out. Its light, easy to manuver and can go alot of places that the bigger ones cant...well at least not without sinking because they are so heavy. lol Being so light I can go over skag and up icy slopes easier than the hubby's grizz. Nowhere near as smooth of a ride as say the grizz...but I like sport quads so it all depeds on what works for you.

I am getting a Renegade...but will still probably keep the wolverine. That way theres always a spare for someone who doesnt have one :)

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is the second 420 i have had frist one had 5000kms never missed a beat did the oil changes and thats all sold it to get this one as it has the IRS but havent used it much(300kms) been to busy and dont have time to ride as much as we like to

Last edited:

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sport quads = Fun! I used to have a Suzuki Z400 and regret getting rid of it.

I have a wolverine... I do get high centered in big ruts and the top speed is only 85. But your wife might really like it especially for just starting out. Its light, easy to manuver and can go alot of places that the bigger ones cant...well at least not without sinking because they are so heavy.

When you go out riding in the Wolverine following the Grizzly do you find your always finding your own trails due to being high centered? Do you find riding more fatiguing on the Wolverine then the Griz?

My wife is more interested in trail riding and here in PG we have a tone of trails. Do you think the Wolverine / Scrambler / Renegade be a good fit for her?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Wolverine and Scrambler aren't even near the same class as a Renegade....500 or 800 v-twin and IRS. If you're OK with blowing your budget and you want the best for all conditions, get yourself an 800 Renny and the wife a 500 Renny....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would get a smaller one [ 450-650cc ] for her... and a bigger oner for u.... then if u fubar yours u can still ride hers....

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely get one each, for carrying a passenger it's a side by side or nothing (safer and much more enjoyable for the passenger). I'd recommend a 450 Kodiak for the lady (same engine as the Wolverine just add IRS, Front Diff Lock and Low Range). For yourself I would say a Griz or a Brute Force...stay away from anything North American made if you are buying used, the long term durability just isn't there and the guy selling it will be thanking his lucky stars that he unloaded it before something grenaded.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A side x side is the way to go. But if your brain just can't get past a quad, BRP, yamaha and kawaski are great.

Top Bottom