What to do with DPF?

uninc...

Reaction score
I've had my DPF/cat from my Ford 6.4 sitting in the garage for 4 years. I've heard you can get cash for the metals that are in them? Where and how much should I get for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have my complete exhaust system when I deleted my 6.7 f350. Is it actually worth something?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nexgen will buy them. Call them and they will give you a quote. I suggest keeping it until you sell the truck though. There may come a time when you have to reinstall it.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nexgen will buy them. Call them and they will give you a quote. I suggest keeping it until you sell the truck though. There may come a time when you have to reinstall it.

Cool thanks. Reason I deleted it cuz it was screwed anyways.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason I say to keep it around is someday johnny law might be told to ticket everyone that has changed out the dpf, or to sell a vehicle, it has to be all intact kinda thing. Chances are it won't happen any time soon but it could change and you don't want to buy a new one trust me.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason I say to keep it around is someday johnny law might be told to ticket everyone that has changed out the dpf, or to sell a vehicle, it has to be all intact kinda thing. Chances are it won't happen any time soon but it could change and you don't want to buy a new one trust me.

Yeah. Got that but the reason it was taken out cuz it was screwed so I would not be able to reinstall it anyways. Is it still worth something plugged up?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah. Got that but the reason it was taken out cuz it was screwed so I would not be able to reinstall it anyways. Is it still worth something plugged up?

Core charge on a reman

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They will still buy them. They want the precious inside lol. What year is your truck? Did the emission warranty run out? If anyone gets into that kind of situation where the dpf is screwed but they cover it under warranty, BUT you don't want the hassle of it anymore, Get the warranty work done then pull the dpf.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will still buy them. They want the precious inside lol. What year is your truck? Did the emission warranty run out? If anyone gets into that kind of situation where the dpf is screwed but they cover it under warranty, BUT you don't want the hassle of it anymore, Get the warranty work done then pull the dpf.

2011 f350. Yeah warranty was up so it was 2300 for new or 3200 to delete it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this point then I would sell it then. If your truck was a little new I might keep it. I plan to do the same when I get to that stage. When warranty won't cover the parts and labor anymore then time to delete.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Where is nexgen out of? Do they have a website ?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were red deer but the guy came to my work and picked it up. I don't have any of his cards still. I found them on kijiji.

uninc...

Reaction score
I tried that number. Says out of service?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try (403) 870-2673
i think they're out of calgary?
Sold mine to these guys.
Call ask for Drew, came and picked mine up.
Paid right away. Easy.

received_10154596833267520.jpg

Top Bottom