What to do..Lift or no Lift?

AC4life

Reaction score
I have a 2008 KQ 750 with a 2" lift and am having front axle issues. I have gone through two stock axles on either side. What is happening is that my inner boots keep tearing because the axles are on to much of an angle making the rubber tight and prone to tearing. The real problem tho is that i cant change the inner boots because once again the axles are on to much of an angle and the snap ring that holds the whole inner assembly in place is completely welded to the bearing. The axle itself is rubbing on the snap ring thus welding it to the bearing. So what im saying is that once the boot tears the whole axle assembly is garbage.
I am trying to decide whether to get rid of the lift and just run stock axles on the front..or to get gorrilla axles and keep the lift. I love the extra ground clearance but dont know if its worth it.
Stock axles x 2= 750.00
Gorrilla axles x 2= 1200.00
what to do what to do??

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 KQ 750 with a 2" lift and am having front axle issues. I have gone through two stock axles on either side. What is happening is that my inner boots keep tearing because the axles are on to much of an angle making the rubber tight and prone to tearing. The real problem tho is that i cant change the inner boots because once again the axles are on to much of an angle and the snap ring that holds the whole inner assembly in place is completely welded to the bearing. The axle itself is rubbing on the snap ring thus welding it to the bearing. So what im saying is that once the boot tears the whole axle assembly is garbage.
I am trying to decide whether to get rid of the lift and just run stock axles on the front..or to get gorrilla axles and keep the lift. I love the extra ground clearance but dont know if its worth it.
Stock axles x 2= 750.00
what to do what to do??

If nothing else switch out the lift. One guy I ride with had an 07 king 700 with the 1.5" Quadrax lift and ran 27" mudbi**hes with no issues whatsoever. You would only lose .5" of clearance and the lift is only around $100-$110ish. I also run the same lift and have no issues but mine is a Brute so might be easier on angles, not sure.

Also check with Kevin @ rapid Revolutions, I bet he could beat those prices by a fair amount.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a no brainer to me. If you're having troubles with a lift kit, the best bet would be to eliminate it. I can't imagine that 2" of clearance is worth that kind of grief. Like Mike said, maybe try knocking it down a bit before getting rid of it all together.

AC4life

Reaction score
Ya i think ill take a look at the suspension first and see what setting its on. I didn't even think about that. I just called rapid revolutions and am waiting to hear back on some prices for gorilla and stock axles. You are right tho goodandgrubby, if its going to continue to be a pain in the A$$ then i need to eliminate it. But if i could get a good price on gorilla axles that would also eliminate the issue. Has anyone ran gorilla axles..are they the answer?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i think ill take a look at the suspension first and see what setting its on. I didn't even think about that. I just called rapid revolutions and am waiting to hear back on some prices for gorilla and stock axles. You are right tho goodandgrubby, if its going to continue to be a pain in the A$$ then i need to eliminate it. But if i could get a good price on gorilla axles that would also eliminate the issue. Has anyone ran gorilla axles..are they the answer?

If I need to I am going to go with superatv.com axles

I have heard in the past that there might be a problem with the HL kit, but it could be just hearsay, have you tried here

I have the RDC 2" on my rhino

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a 6" gorilla lift and axles with 28" Mudzillas on his 660 Grizzly. It was a terrible setup, he got pulled home everytime we went out. He replaced 4 or 5 axles before he finally ditched it and went back to stock.

Derk3103

Reaction score
I run an 08 750, ready to switch from ML's to zillas, wanna stay stock rims, so have to stick to 27's, any opinions on going with 11's all the way around?

RedlineOffroad

Reaction score
Stock axles x 2= 750.00
what to do what to do??

the axles my company builds I'll promise you will never break again. call me 780-207-9995. chris in ab
I use to be a gorrila dealer and had nothing but problems. lot's of breakage, gorrila says if you don't ride in just the mud they will not hold up. Bulls**t if you ask me. How are you suppost to get to the mud. Our axles are built by turner cycles. and They are the toughest axles by far.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the axles my company builds I'll promise you will never break again. call me 780-207-9995. chris in ab
I use to be a gorrila dealer and had nothing but problems. lot's of breakage, gorrila says if you don't ride in just the mud they will not hold up. Bulls**t if you ask me. How are you suppost to get to the mud. Our axles are built by turner cycles. and They are the toughest axles by far.

But are they big like Turners? Some machines can't run the big axles because they rub mounts and frames.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider a Quadrax 2" lift - gave me 1.5" height. (I paid $105 at Rapid)

Turner Axles - they will never break - but your diff will. lol

Rhino Axles are very good. $255 to the door.

good luck

RedlineOffroad

Reaction score
But are they big like Turners? Some machines can't run the big axles because they rub mounts and frames.

Turner Builds two sizes of axles for us. Stock length which you can run upto a 3" lift, they have a smaller C.V to fit as a stock replacement, Then lifted style axles which have a bigger C.V, These axles we build with new A Arms to make sure clearence is not an issue. My bike right now is sitting on a Redline 14" Lift With Redline Axles turning 31 outlaws and a 160hp. Busted axles like crazy before we got into bed with turner and started getting them in canada. Now not one problem and i'm running 40 Degrees. Mind you the diffs in my cat are some of the biggest diffs you can get for a atv. But I have a lot of customers that never have axle problems once going to our axles. It's nice having the piece of mind when your in the mud, Not thinking about how hard to ride so you have no problems.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would ditch the lift and look into either shock spring spacers or stiffer springs. i know alot of the bigger machines sit 2 -3inches down on travel when they're just sittin. if you can lift the back or front and get over an 1.5 inches of lift before your shocks top out id look into spring spacers. that way your not hurting your cv-shafts at those mean angles that lift kits often make them run at, you'll be toppin out the shock instead.

Top Bottom