What to BUY

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you ride and what do you plan to use it for? Hunting, work, playing around....etc.
I like the Teryx over the rhino myself but I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are going to get varying opinions on here as to what to buy. Do yourself a favor and get some seat time in both models if possible.

Another good place to start is make a list of what you expect out of the machine,.. as what BFB said above what are you going to use it for.

bigguy

Reaction score
I ride around Rocky Mountain House,for pleasure, will be mainly wifes toy, rolled her quad last broke wrist pins and plates wants roll cage and seat belts. But i am sure i will be riding it also can not stay away from new toys.Have 2 brute forces now other than a couple of belts and some broken plastic have been good machines.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the RZR? I love mine, even sold my BF after 6 months cause I enjoyed it so much more.
If its just for pleasure, the storage isn't going to matter and you can't beet the stock power and handleing of the rzr.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my brute and went with the teryx as i had awsome luck with it so far. The rzr is nice as its a bit more narrow but i have seen quite a few roll easy. I also did some reaserch on the rhino and teryx and rzr. I didnt like the fact that out of all the reveiws i read, guys said they had alot of problems with the rhino axles. I got 1800+ km on my teryx so far and only issue is the real main drive seal leaks since new. But all in all i dont think a guy could go wrong with any of them.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my brute and went with the teryx as i had awsome luck with it so far. The rzr is nice as its a bit more narrow but i have seen quite a few roll easy. I also did some reaserch on the rhino and teryx and rzr. I didnt like the fact that out of all the reveiws i read, guys said they had alot of problems with the rhino axles. I got 1800+ km on my teryx so far and only issue is the real main drive seal leaks since new. But all in all i dont think a guy could go wrong with any of them.

I have almost 2000km on my rhino and no axle problems..

You do realize a company called Superatv sells a BRAND of utv axle called RHINO axles.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would definatly try them both out before you buy.I have an 09 camo rhino and it has been bullet proof in its first 1500K[some real nasty tight rocky climbs,and swamps]I personally think the biggest issue between the 2 is the width as the rhino is 6" narrower.The width is why I went rhino and if you looked at all the tree sap on both sides of my roll bar you would see I made the right choice.If the 60" width is not going to be an issue for you I would probably go for the teryx as the suspension and top speed are better out of the box[Rhino is comparable after spending money on a sheave and shocks]Dealer suport is not as big an issue with either as they are reliable machines and probably wont spend anytime in the shop[mine has only been back once for a valve adjustment]

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried all three,rzr,rino and teryx

It is mainly for the wife to drive, as she was not enjoying her quad.

After using friends for a day on each one she picked the rzr.

As everyone is saying try them out and see what suits your needs.

They are all good.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have almost 2000km on my rhino and no axle problems..

You do realize a company called Superatv sells a BRAND of utv axle called RHINO axles.

Ya i do. But its not brand im talking about. I have a number of buddies with the rhinos(an 04,06,08) and they have all broken at least 1 axle. My old boss had broke probably 5 on his 05 660. Not bashing them, just saying.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i do. But its not brand im talking about. I have a number of buddies with the rhinos(an 04,06,08) and they have all broken at least 1 axle. My old boss had broke probably 5 on his 05 660. Not bashing them, just saying.

breaking axles can have alot to do with many factors, such as but not limited to driving style, suspension set up, locker usage, heavy wheel sawing when stuck, i have seen lots of rhinos do some amazing stuff, with no breakage whatsoever i have a rhino and love it, i dont regret the decision, for me i would never buy a teryx, as i have not seen a brute force with and engine make more than six months(not trying to start a fight i know some of you have had good luck) the rzr for me is also a no go as i dont like most the poo dealers and i have not been impressed with a few things on them, low range is too low for my driving style and the belts dont take abuse( if you treat them right they are ok but not abuse) if i had to buy another utv i would seriously consider the 1000 cc prowler though i havent seen any go in person.whatever you choose i am sure you will like.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one other thing, i seen a polaris ranger that rolled and the roll cage broke in half and a rzr with the top crushed down from rolling, the rhino cage will take a lot of abuse, a friend flopped his rhino at 65-70 km/h with no damage not saying the rhino cage is perfect just never seen one fail. not sure on the teryx

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rhino cage is ROPS certified not sureabout the others.Axle breakage is a non issue on an 08-09 rhino as they are stronger[abuse aside]I like the fact that Kawasaki keeps upgrading their teryx every year.Catzuki trying to diss the rhino on axles or anything else is just wrong ,go on rhino forums.net as rhinos have 0 issues when it comes to reliability

dirtydodge

Reaction score
my two cents,,

just as every thing in every forum , everyone has got their favorite .

I happen to like the RZR , I have an 08 LE, no problems yet as there is less than a thousand kms on it and yes it has alot of stuff done to it , but they do have issues .
Just as every other make out there has their own issues . I know a lot of guys that have rinos as well as rangers . A few cowies . They all have had some problems on the trails we have been on .
If you listen to the advice from the few who say to try them all out I would have to agree with them cuz it is up to how you like the machine .
I hear lots of good about them all just as the bad .
Good hunting
Let us all know what you decide and some pics .

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rhino cage is ROPS certified not sureabout the others.Axle breakage is a non issue on an 08-09 rhino as they are stronger[abuse aside]I like the fact that Kawasaki keeps upgrading their teryx every year.Catzuki trying to diss the rhino on axles or anything else is just wrong ,go on rhino forums.net as rhinos have 0 issues when it comes to reliability

Im not dissing the rhino at all, im just relaying information that i had read when i bought my machine. The rhino is a very capable machine, But when a guy spends 15K on a machine, id expext it not to break like some of my buddies have and others. And yes some might be driver error, but i know for a fact that there isnt a guy who buys a quad and keep the stock tires and such for long. Every brand has there issue, not saying anyone of them is perfect. The teryx is a certified ROPS, but there has been many guys roll them end for end and crush the cage. Have seen some crushed rhino's before too. Its your money, buy what you want, i just bought something that i knew was a good motor with lots of power(Again not saying the rhino is gutless, but thats cause is a single not a v-twin.).

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rhino is gutless, 7000 km on mine and no issues incredible what you can can do with these rigs.

When I first saw what a Teryx was capable of my jaw dropped, way more my style.

I still own a rhino but next will be a teryx no doubt.

Check out this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2gJeTKaZVo[/media]

and this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_gaMOhCh0[/media]

Teryx flat out destroys the rhino in every deal.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely cool but I think the fat guy in the back helped with wheelie. Each unit has pros and cons,.......you are best to try both for yourself. If you're breaking axles you are doing something WRONG!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Rhino's gutless too, but plodding down the trails in low range with the kids is what I bought it for, so I can live with it.
I didn't think the smoking 20 HP they make at the wheels would be enough to bust a shaft?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They overheat like crazy (rhino)and do break axles.No machine has zero issues.All machines have issues,all i know is the RZR outsells em all....

Top Bottom