Speedo recalibration

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to run larger diameter tires on my 2022 Superduty. Basically same size as the Tremor models. Can Ford recalibrate the Speedo? I was thinking it would be easy for them as they would already have the numbers from the Tremor.

What are my options?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they 35s on the tremor? Stock is or was 34.x and when I put 35s on my 2017, the difference isn't noticeable.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford can recalibrate, but only up to the max stock tire size.

To my knowledge you can't go bigger with aftermarket tuners either. My old H&S tuner couldn't, neither can HP Tuners. At least not without causing issues with stabilitrak and the ABS system.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to run larger diameter tires on my 2022 Superduty. Basically same size as the Tremor models. Can Ford recalibrate the Speedo? I was thinking it would be easy for them as they would already have the numbers from the Tremor.

What are my options?
Thats funny I just looked at this yesterday.. nothing really stands out forscan is about the only way. There is limitations on max sizing though

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Forscan to recalibrate my Ford. It is a very powerful tool and the trial is free and $10 a year thereafter. It also lets you turn on and off many features. I turn off the annoying TPM warning as my winter wheels don't have them. Use a good qaulity OBD2 device to up load and download to the vehicle from a PC with USB although it may be possible with bluetooth devices too.

It takes a bit of practice using this software and if you screw up there are OEM vehicle files available through the
Ford website for free download using your VIN number. (found out the hard way) Easier to downlaod and save your original configuration file before uploading anything.

There might be another way too for guys who don't want to screw around with software. I am testing a frequency multiplier/divider this winter for my sled as I gear down and pay the resale price for a higher odometer when selling. It requires cutting one wire from the speed sensor and connecting in the circuit, that also needs power and ground. It has a 2 digit display and up/down buttons. The input to output can be adjusted by a multiplier from 0.1 to 9.9. This is an easy way, although the circuit is not waterproof so if you had to mount it under the vehicle near the speed sensor, it would need to be sealed. These will retail for about $150 if it works out for me.

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LT285/75R18...which I believe is what the Tremor runs stock. My though was that Forscan should have factory codes for that size...easy peazy!?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is codes from what I understand can’t go bigger than 36 or 37”

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my tire size on my 22 f250. I used forscan to set the speedo to the tire size. It asked me for the tire diameter in mm Type in that number and save it. Super easy.

Also works good to shut off all the dings, honk and beeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used forscan back when it was new and free. Best thing ever was disabling the double honk and the Bambi mode

GarrethRG

Reaction score
I use Forscan to recalibrate my Ford. It is a very powerful tool and the trial is free and $10 a year thereafter. It also lets you turn on and off many features. I turn off the annoying TPM warning as my winter wheels don't have them. Use a good qaulity OBD2 device to up load and download to the vehicle from a PC with USB although it may be possible with bluetooth devices too.

It takes a bit of practice using this software and if you screw up there are OEM vehicle files available through the
Ford website for free download using your VIN number. (found out the hard way) Easier to downlaod and save your original configuration file before uploading anything.

There might be another way too for guys who don't want to screw around with software. I am testing a frequency multiplier/divider this winter for my sled as I gear down and pay the resale price for a higher odometer when selling. It requires cutting one wire from the speed sensor and connecting in the circuit, that also needs power and ground. It has a 2 digit display and up/down buttons. The input to output can be adjusted by a multiplier from 0.1 to 9.9. This is an easy way, although the circuit is not waterproof so if you had to mount it under the vehicle near the speed sensor, it would need to be sealed. These will retail for about $150 if it works out for me.
I'll mention the Forscan to a friend tomorrow when I help him install the shocks and suspension from 4Wheelonline onto his Wrangler. Their Tremor got this annoying TPM warning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom