What tires to run in the winter???

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote is for Cooper Discovery m+s studded. Awesome thread design, lots of sipes. I was told tire studding is about $20 a tire, but only when tire is new.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put 6 Toyo Open Country A/T on this morning :) I've run these all season before and like them.

I ran one set of Open Country AT's a couple of years ago, were great in the summer but slippery as heck in the winter, compound to hard and no siping. I took them off 1 month into winter, put on a set of Firestone Winterforce and never looked back. Ran the AT's for a couple of summers to wear them out, finally had to put a new set of Winterforce this year.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran one set of Open Country AT's a couple of years ago, were great in the summer but slippery as heck in the winter, compound to hard and no siping. I took them off 1 month into winter, put on a set of Firestone Winterforce and never looked back. Ran the AT's for a couple of summers to wear them out, finally had to put a new set of Winterforce this year.
Agree 100%

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I ran one set of Open Country AT's a couple of years ago, were great in the summer but slippery as heck in the winter, compound to hard and no siping. I took them off 1 month into winter

I run 10lbs less max pressue in all 6 with alittle weight from the deck seems to work...for me. Mind you my driving habits are alot different than most :) I'm never in that big of hurry :beer:

bcham5

Reaction score
I was using cooper discover s/t's last winter and they did awesome in the snow , mud and the freezing rain that I ran into, this summer I used the new S/T maxx But they dont have a snowflake on them for travelling parts of bc in the winter , so I just got a set of duratracs studded them for my f250 and everyone at work said there the cats Pjs.

Top Bottom