what size of tires for older hondas?

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got two 1986 350 honda 4x4 what is the bigest tire that is safe to put on my machine it only has 11 inch rims but im thinking about putting on 12 inch rims but i just want to get some feed back first ive heard a lot of people saying a lot of things about mud lites and there about 100 per tire so i think they are what im gonna buy but im just wondering, what size should i use? and should i stager from front to back?
thanks everyone

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the 350 I would say 25" maybe 26"max,I have 26" mudbugs on my Honda420 and love them up the 350 is a little smaller. as for tires mudbugs are porbaly the same money and a better mud tire IMO have had both and prefer the bugs.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got two 1986 350 honda 4x4 what is the bigest tire that is safe to put on my machine it only has 11 inch rims but im thinking about putting on 12 inch rims but i just want to get some feed back first ive heard a lot of people saying a lot of things about mud lites and there about 100 per tire so i think they are what im gonna buy but im just wondering, what size should i use? and should i stager from front to back?
thanks everyone

gonna check in the shed got some I took off my kids 350 , think they are mud bugs , will post what I got , maybe you want to buy them , will let you try first:beer:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone

Got a set of 26x12x12 for the rear and a set of 26x10x12 for the front , mud bugs mounted on aftermarket aluminum rims they came off my kids 06 honda 350 , will bolt right on , let me know if you are interested , come see , make me an offer:beer::beer:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i much appreciate it but im worried that they may be too big for my motor/ tranny. it is the same CC as your childs quad, but my quad is 20 years older. and im not sure that it can handle the extra strain. how much would you want for them, maybe i'll come have a look at them anyway and see just how much bigger they accualy are. plus it never hurts to meet new people:d

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i much appreciate it but im worried that they may be too big for my motor/ tranny. it is the same CC as your childs quad, but my quad is 20 years older. and im not sure that it can handle the extra strain. how much would you want for them, maybe i'll come have a look at them anyway and see just how much bigger they accualy are. plus it never hurts to meet new people:d

been running honda quads forever , they are a perfect fit , ya same as my kids , had an 04 350 myself and ran the same on it , I don't know a $ , will check out and let you know , will be more than fair , will let you bolt them on and try them , make sure you like before you buy:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey Jerome, they should work fine on the old beast....If you don't like them I can find them a home.

Bogger:beer:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how's $ 450.00 for tires / rims

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give me a shout and i'll come look at them. probably best to wait till the weekend or friday night even. just to give me a chance to get the $$ together. 7807585070

hey boger i'll likely give you a call next thursday or friday(just got to find your number lol) i bought michelle a quad and a truck so we may come your way for the day

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
give me a shout and i'll come look at them. probably best to wait till the weekend or friday night even. just to give me a chance to get the $$ together. 7807585070

hey boger i'll likely give you a call next thursday or friday(just got to find your number lol) i bought michelle a quad and a truck so we may come your way for the day

No-Can-Do on this upcomming weekend, I'm in Flamer-ville for a Conference/Banquet....but the weekend after should be good, I'll PM you with my #

And seriously I think you should jump on those tires/rims if that red rubicon in my yard was mine and not my buddies I'd be buying them out from under ya....lol. I paid $50 a piece for my bearclaws (used, but new) and then had to have them installed by kevin @ rapid revolutions which was cheap but time consuming....so $400-ish for tires and rims is a deal.

Cheers,

Ian

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

will give you shout and tee something up , will make it easy on you:d

Top Bottom