What should I buy ?

Hotwheels81

Reaction score
I'm going thru this rite now as well trying to decide for next season... However I'm not keen on dropping $16,000+ on a new whip when I see last years Doo an Poo at $12,000... If you are bargain shopping and don't need the latest greatest mountain toy than you can find a wicked deal on an 800 SP, I've recently seen a brand new 2015 800 163 Pro on a showroom floor for $9000...

if if your dead set on a 2017 flip a coin... Bring lube.. Dig hard for a killer deal on accessories.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me the poo is too flickable, T3 is more stable,I'm a big guy so leaning it over isn't a issue....T 3 for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and 270...that's why I have always rode the big iron with big power. This new Axys with a Redline in it should scoot around pretty good. Never rode a Doo...one shot about 100' when they first came out. So what's your take on this situation ?!

QUOTE=catmando;2348412]For me the poo is too flickable, T3 is more stable,I'm a big guy so leaning it over isn't a issue....T 3 for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next time you are out riding i want you to stop when your are getting out of your truck in the parking lot and look around at what is all there. What you are going to see is a sea of ski doo decals, and a few misc others in the crowd, that speaks for itself. I personally am doo biased because ive never had an issue with them other then self inflicted cosmetic damage. BUT that being said i wouldn't mind trying an axys for a weekend just to see....

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next time you are out riding i want you to stop when your are getting out of your truck in the parking lot and look around at what is all there. What you are going to see is a sea of ski doo decals, and a few misc others in the crowd, that speaks for itself. I personally am doo biased because ive never had an issue with them other then self inflicted cosmetic damage. BUT that being said i wouldn't mind trying an axys for a weekend just to see....

This is EXACTLY CORRECT!!! The parking lots are full of ski doo decals!! If you would like to see the other 70% of the snowmobiles that are in the area you will have to head up the trail to the alpine to have a look. There you will find some fantastic choices, including the odd ski doo!!

Sorry I couldn't let that one slide! Lol!

It's like a pair of shoes, find the one that fits the intended use, the price point and that feels good when you jump on it. Any new sled these days is cool....But any new sled to you is also cool. When it comes to a used sled cherry pick the year and model as there are some that stand out from each manufacturer. If you done need brand new but want new buy a non current from a dealer. If you want the latest and greatest then bust out the wallet as it's not gonna be cheep. Regardless they all cost money, break down but I will guarantee you one thing about a snowmobile.....chicks dig it!! IMG_1548.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All that says is there is a lot of skidoo dealer support in Canada and most of us grew up on skidoo brand as a kid. That's like telling someone to go to an Oilers home game and tell them to look around to figure out which team they should support based on the amount of jerseys... Go to the states and it's quite the opposite, lived there a few years and Polaris/Cats were the majority in my area.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and 270...that's why I have always rode the big iron with big power. This new Axys with a Redline in it should scoot around pretty good. Never rode a Doo...one shot about 100' when they first came out. So what's your take on this situation ?!

QUOTE=catmando;2348412]For me the poo is too flickable, T3 is more stable,I'm a big guy so leaning it over isn't a issue....T 3 for me .

[/QUOTE]

Personal Preference........

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Personal Preference........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Like anything else that's exactly what it is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just re-read your inital thread, and if youre deciding between a T3 and pro (not axys) then its a no brainer IMHO. T3 all the way. All brand loyalty aside the T3 is an outstanding bulletproof sled. Better get a good deal on a pro because youre gonna have to give it away to sell it. T3 vs axys and it definitely gets closer and just comes down to the deal you can get and which one you like better.

EmEight

Reaction score
Of course it depends on your personal riding style. But I have been on all the brands and this year I'm on a 2016 m8000. Only made one trip on it so far. I'm fairly impressed with it. It seems very well balanced, good power , and that track is amazing. I was on a doo last year. Also a great sled that I really liked. I was not so happy with the rear suspension and they feel a bit front heavy. Fit and finish the doo is hands down the nicest sled. Have spent my fair share of time on a pro and a bit on an axys. I could get use to one I'm sure. But not my first choice. I think like stated above. You will have to give it away because of reliability concerns. Making another trip here right away and I can't wait to give the m8000 a work out. And FYI I am not a brand loyal guy at all. If I ride it and I like it then so be it. Don't care what it says on the hood.

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 14 assault 155 with 160 miles on it this year and been to the mountians once this year so far. i'm new to the mountain sport and didn't want to spend a arm ad leg to find out if i liked it or not. from what i see so far is it seems to handle pretty dang well. It does not have the axys as it is a 14 but it handled good anyway. also i was talking with someone when i was up there who is part of the search and rescue and he added a part called pro motion to his which makes it like Dooo's T motion so i;m going to added it and see how it handles. Either way if your not looking till next season then go to all the demo days for each brand and ride the crap out them see what one you like and go from there.

Top Bottom