What rivets do you guys use to attatch you M series tunnel to your bulkhead

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Have to install a new bulkhead and possibly tunnell. Wondering what rivets you mod guys have used and how they worked for ya? I am an aggresive rider and don't want them to loosen off. The name of the stores you got them from and maybe part numbers would be much appreciated.
Sam

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to install a new bulkhead and possibly tunnell. Wondering what rivets you mod guys have used and how they worked for ya? I am an aggresive rider and don't want them to loosen off. The name of the stores you got them from and maybe part numbers would be much appreciated.
Sam

I use large flange 3/16" steel shank pop rivets from Acklands. Do not use aluminum shank rivets for a tunnel/bulkhead union, they do not have the shear strength.

I also use backing washers religiously to help distribute the stress into a wider area at the rivet point.

If you want a totally solid factory join, then use solid rivets and get them professionally installed or get the proper tools. 5 seasons on the tube chassis and no worries with pop rivets.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Accufast in Edmonton has a good stock of specialty rivets including black large-flange. And IMO a pneumatic rivet gun is essential to pull tight consistent rivets - the $80 one from Princess Auto is working fine for me.

Top Bottom