What kind of low boost turbo?

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright 2 years of riding no-boost, straight stock and I'm ready to take off the training wheels....:d

I've read great things about the low boost turbos throttle response and ridability which is what I'm after, I don't care for to much hill climbing, more trees and boondocking, plus the wife and I take the kids out and I still need to be able to ride it around home at 20km/hr.

Basicly I'm wondering what kind to get now;

-MCX 180hp

-Alpine 190-200hp

-What else is out there?

I'm considering performance, reliablity, cost, ease of install, and if I can drop a few pounds from this slightly overwieght supermodel that would be nice too.

Any help would be great, I'm looking at working on it through the summer.

Thanks!!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing my homework before I bought my turbo and from what I was told is MCX is the most user friendly kit. turn key and go. Im running the 310 kit but ya turn key......point and shoot. love it.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep the training wheels. any of the kits out here don't come without having to tune them. if you want to have a sled that you can go out with the wife and kids keep it stick. Unless of course you can afford to have a family sled and a performance sled.

just my 2 cents

STOLLER99

Reaction score
I tried Alpine's kit on one of their demo's back in January and I was sold, was about to buy a sled with the the low boost kit from them but ended up getting a sweet deal on a used boosted nytro.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried Alpine's kit on one of their demo's back in January and I was sold, was about to buy a sled with the the low boost kit from them but ended up getting a sweet deal on a used boosted nytro.
How did the alpine ride, was the throttle pretty responsive? I'm looking for better DEEEEEEEP snow capability, basicly improve hp/kg ratio. I've done some more calling around and I'm still torn between the alpine and MCX

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with Alpine's low boost kit a couple days.....first day was one of their first testing days and the next day was later in the year. It seemed to work really well.....both days. Yes you will probly need to do some dialing once you get it.....I did on my front mount Nytro but the guys at Alpine explained everything very clearly and it was easy to dial it.

Never been on or around MCX kit but haven't heard many bad things about it.......and none about Alpine.

I had an MCX Apex for two years and it ran great. The Alpine low boost kit seemed to have very little lag......can't say for the MCX cause I've never seen one. My Apex had lag which is one reason I went to Alpine.

My .02:beer:

STOLLER99

Reaction score
How did the alpine ride, was the throttle pretty responsive? I'm looking for better DEEEEEEEP snow capability, basicly improve hp/kg ratio. I've done some more calling around and I'm still torn between the alpine and MCX
throttle responce was good pretty much no lag, and for tuning the Alpine guys are supposed to reaaly helpful.

Top Bottom