what kind of aftermarket can is best on the new pro;s

RINGER

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone is using for aftermarket cans on there new pros are the 2013's different than the 2012's as far as cans go.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone is using for aftermarket cans on there new pros are the 2013's different than the 2012's as far as cans go.

Im using the HPS can and its a nice sounding good looking can not to loud and fit and finish is great. And the 2012 will fit 2013 but they did change the stock can a little.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13.1 PAR Head and "The Thing" (the original, not that cooker thing) is also a Deadly combo. Had to get mine built though, not sure if he's stocking them as originals anymore as everyone wants the cooker. HPS, Jawz, The Thing, are from what I understand all pretty eaqual and guys like them the best.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13.1 PAR Head and "The Thing" (the original, not that cooker thing) is also a Deadly combo. Had to get mine built though, not sure if he's stocking them as originals anymore as everyone wants the cooker. HPS, Jawz, The Thing, are from what I understand all pretty eaqual and guys like them the best.

Whats the diff between the original and the cooker? Other than the cooker on the side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the diff between the original and the cooker? Other than the cooker on the side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sound levels, flow, and weight. The cooker thing is around the 100decibal mark and the regular is up over 110decibal. The cooker actually slides into the center of the can, and in my opinion reduces/restricts the flow. Not sure of the actual weight difference between the 2 but it can't be much. I will weigh mine next time I get a chance. They are both great cans. The cooker works great and doesn't take very long at all to warm up your lunch. I chose performance over the hot lunch though. Not much on the website but here are a few pics:

Im curious does anyone know what kind of decibals the HPS and Jawz cans are putting out? It would be great to see weights and DB's between the 3

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
e-z how did you get the thing can to work with your slp pipe? everything i tried on an after market pipe didn't work so well. this year i will be running another cpi pipeand there can

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Al will modify your existing can to whatever connection you want, or if your ordering just specify what you want and they will build it. I've ran their can on all my sleds.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not that it applies to me or anything....just out of sheer curiosity.....what fuel do you guys run with that 13:1 head? No hijack intended.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that it applies to me or anything....just out of sheer curiosity.....what fuel do you guys run with that 13:1 head? No hijack intended.

Non ethanol pump - Shell V power or Chev94

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Non ethanol pump - Shell V power or Chev94

Here's a little more hijack. Suppose there is lots of fuel threads but.....we have neither of those dealers in town. Believe in octane booster( ie 104, etc.)? Only asking cause two in my crew ride pro's (sold 12's,getting 13's). No biggie for trips to the hills as they are available or on the way but we do some valley ridin/ditch bangin as well.

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
The 13.1 head is good for 2000-5000 feet on pump. I'm was running the 13.6 which is good from 5000 to 10000 on pump. We unload at about 35 to 3700 feet and I ran pump all last year and never had a det problem, but use good fuel.

Top Bottom