What is the weight of the T3 's

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I will too, hands down the Ski-Doo is the best all around sled for fun, capability and reliability. IMO the Pro is a better mountain chassis though and the Summit needs to go on a diet to catch up. There is no reason that an inch of track should add 40# and the new Polaris motor while untested long term makes more power than the etec mill on the dyno. We are fortunate to have such good machines available off the showroom floor but Ski-Doo sales will suffer if the new Polaris motor proves to be reliable and make more power than the etec and the Summit doesn't drop a ton of weight and find some ponies to compete.

Then just go buy a Polaris.... Problem solved ;) lol..... I'm buying one and don't care if it's heavier... I had an rt1000 as you know for 8 years and probably should have kept it, because it was still immaculate and running hard. I just wanted the biggest and baddest in the hills and it will probably last 8+ years like my rt1000.... Reliability is what I was after, not "a few extra pounds" ... If I wanted weight savings I'd loose 30 lbs myself ;) .... Also the warranty is second to none. Enjoy your Polaris ;) lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I could care less what a Pro/cat weighs, just want to know if BRP made good on their claimed weight.......Guess I will just have to wait till my sled arrives!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will too, hands down the Ski-Doo is the best all around sled for fun, capability and reliability. IMO the Pro is a better mountain chassis though and the Summit needs to go on a diet to catch up. There is no reason that an inch of track should add 40# and the new Polaris motor while untested long term makes more power than the etec mill on the dyno. We are fortunate to have such good machines available off the showroom floor but Ski-Doo sales will suffer if the new Polaris motor proves to be reliable and make more power than the etec and the Summit doesn't drop a ton of weight and find some ponies to compete.

You read what Kelsey had to say about that new motor? It's all identical to the old one so time will tell! If that axys makes more hp reliably with a 4 yr warranty then your right brp will lose a ton of sales. But watch them let that happen for no more than 20-30 seconds before releasing a 170hp etec

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then just go buy a Polaris.... Problem solved ;) lol..... I'm buying one and don't care if it's heavier... I had an rt1000 as you know for 8 years and probably should have kept it, because it was still immaculate and running hard. I just wanted the biggest and baddest in the hills and it will probably last 8+ years like my rt1000.... Reliability is what I was after, not "a few extra pounds" ... If I wanted weight savings I'd loose 30 lbs myself ;) .... Also the warranty is second to none. Enjoy your Polaris ;) lol

If the new Polaris motor is just as reliable as the etec then I think if someone likes the chassis it's a no brainer.

I am on a Pro this year and prepared for all the heckling if it fails. But how else can I really say one is better than the other for me if I don't spend an entire season or more on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No idea how long I'll keep my XM but if Polaris steps up reliability I may very well follow Danny over to the dark side for my next sled.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only comment about my 174T3 is - I'm a bit pissed about not getting that light weight can that was promissed when I snow checked.
I realize that the can supposedly never met requirements - But every one claims the etech makes the best power with the stock can. We should have had the option to trade in the suit case for the light weight can prommised at the time of pick up or be able to purchace it REAL cheap.
Now I have to take it off and chuck it over my neighbors fence again. This bulls$ it is Forcing me into turboing this thing :realmad: lol.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
My only comment about my 174T3 is - I'm a bit pissed about not getting that light weight can that was promissed when I snow checked.
I realize that the can supposedly never met requirements - But every one claims the etech makes the best power with the stock can. We should have had the option to trade in the suit case for the light weight can prommised at the time of pick up or be able to purchace it REAL cheap.
Now I have to take it off and chuck it over my neighbors fence again. This bulls$ it is Forcing me into turboing this thing :realmad: lol.

Do you want to be friends? Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go buy an MBRP. They are lighter yet than the lightweight BRP can and make a cool sound when you are dangling with your buds.

skidoo174

Reaction score
I get my 174 tomorrow and would totally weigh it, just not sure where I would do something like that?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a 154x16x2.5 camo extreme I weighed. So if it is 59lbs that's pretty impressive
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414204464.234006.jpg

Top Bottom