What is the most unique thing you've used to tow a truck out?

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy and I were out on our old Foremans one time, I had 27" mud lites but no winch and he had bald stockers but a winch. Anyway he got stuck where he couldn't winch and I got stuck where you could winch but I didn't have one. We were just about to cook up some redneck ingenuity when a woman stopped in her truck ( the hole was in his field right next to the road) hooked a rope to her bumper and I was out then buddy winched to me. Lost a damn shoe in the hole though.

I thought this was going to end up like a story from Playboy Forums magazine!!

freddys

Reaction score
years ago got an argo very stuck no winch smaller trees and a chain. tied chain in a loop around tree to argo put a log thru the chain and twisted until we were out. came accross a hitch hiker ounce along ways from no were, pickup stuck off the beaten trail. went in to get him out and got stuck infront of him in dry sand. jacked up truck and used quad ramps to get both out. he stop part way out of the bush and i went back to see if he was ok. he stoped to get his hiden gun from some trees. (hunters) last time i stop for a hitch hike LOL.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out for a ride in my 4x4, we were a good way out in some good 4x4 terrain, came around a corner to find a guy walking down the road. We stopped and ask if he needed help and he said yes as his vehicle was stuck and he had spent the night there. We went up to where he was stuck on a stump with his big old sedan (don't know has he got it up that far). We pulled him off the stump which made him happy BUT he said that he was out of gas and asked if we have any to spare. We did and gave him a couple of gallons which made him very happy BUT he said his battery was dead and could we give him a jumps start. We had jumper cables and got him going and he was very very happy. We were about to continue on our way but I noticed a very puzzled look on his face and I asked him what was wrong. He said that he was so drunk last night that he passed out and the friends that were with him ditched him and his car and he has no idea where he is. We told him to follow us down the mountain and back onto the main road, he thanked us profusely and went on his way.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went out to a customer on a service call on an all terrain scissor lift and some how we got on the topic of getting stuck. He told me that once he spun out with his F550 while pullin a trailer with the lift on it,he ended sliding back in the ditch and jack knifing the truck and trailer. The tow truck was going to be a couple hrs away so he unloaded the lift hooked it up to the truck an pulled it out.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy were mud bogging by a slew and he got his ranger stuck so i tried pulling him out with my 92 chev 1500.... Well just buried the dam thing and we were about a mile from anywhere and didnt have cell phones @ the time. So we start walking towards this abandoned farm yard up to a half standing barn opened the doors and wala found a old 3 wheeled swather keys it so we hooked up a battery we found in the barn to and the f**kin thing started so away we go down the road with a stolen swather poppin and back firing away and we get out all the chain and tow rope we had (did a lot of boggin so we kept this stuff just never got both trucks stuck so bad). We hooked up to the swather and gaver ch!t F**K YEA!!! out comes the ranger then the chev. After all that we put the swather back where we found it all dirty and mudded up left a few beer on the seat and went on our way.

Never went back to see if the swather was still there or even if the beer got drank

Top Bottom