What is the most unique thing you've used to tow a truck out?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
When we were coming out of Bell on Sunday in McBride, Bogger & Mrs Bogger had been forced off the road and were stuck in the snowbank on the side. We looked around for anything we could use to tow them out as neither of us had a tow rope with us, or chain, or anything....

After much digging of the snow in front of the truck, and rooting around in the back of the truck Bogger came out with an Arctic Cat Belt that didn't fit his sleds, he questioned whether I thought my trailer hit could get close enough to hook the belt from his front tow hook to the hitch, so we tried. Low & Behold I was able to get close enough, hooked the belt from his front tow hook to my trailer hitch, put the truck in 4x4 and pulled him out, he was out and moving on his own steam before the belt actually broke. Was quite surprising.....

What unique things have you used to get your buddies unstuck?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used ~6 idiots to get a vehicle out of some snow, but then again, I'm sure we all have.

I'm pretty damned impressed the belt held through that.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and I were stuck in some skeg hunting in his old
Gmc. We jacked the truck up and set it on his subwoofer box to get trees under the tires!! Didnt work but was a valient effort. Was stuck on the skid steer by myself. Hooked up the ol massy fergerson behind it with a chain and put it in forward. Started spinning on the spot jumped off and jumped in the bobcat and was able to pull mme out. Used the bobcat to hold the massy back once I was out then ran over and shut it down.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
used a tarp strap to tow a dirt bike broke right before towing in the shop not sure anyone didn't lose an eye

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used a set of tires chains from a semi to pull put a pickup once. Not as good as Mattiac's bobcat story tho

hurt'in albertan2

Reaction score
we once got a ford splash stuck in a slough and at the time i work for a pipeline outfit and we were working close by so we went and got a 1 ton 4X4 managed to almost move the splash about 6 inches before we got IT stuck. so with a little help from some beers we thought we would go back to the jobsite and get the grader that we had there so got it back the one ton got it all hooked up and managed to move the splash and the one ton about 5 feet before we had everything stuck!!!! so after a couple more beer and ALOT of discussion we decided to go get stieger tractor one of the guys parents had but it was not close by we went unhooked the air seeder and drove it back hooked the stieger to the grader that was hooked to 1 ton that was still hooked to the little ford splash and pulled everything out finally. we had to clean up the 1 ton and the grader there was soooooo much mud packed into everything and take the tractor back out aand hook it back upto the air seeder it was a REALLY long day!!! LOL!!!
:beer:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must have left after us. We once used 4-5 quads to pull out a truck that should not have been where he was. Guys only had one vehicle there too.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we once got a ford splash stuck in a slough and at the time i work for a pipeline outfit and we were working close by so we went and got a 1 ton 4X4 managed to almost move the splash about 6 inches before we got IT stuck. so with a little help from some beers we thought we would go back to the jobsite and get the grader that we had there so got it back the one ton got it all hooked up and managed to move the splash and the one ton about 5 feet before we had everything stuck!!!! so after a couple more beer and ALOT of discussion we decided to go get stieger tractor one of the guys parents had but it was not close by we went unhooked the air seeder and drove it back hooked the stieger to the grader that was hooked to 1 ton that was still hooked to the little ford splash and pulled everything out finally. we had to clean up the 1 ton and the grader there was soooooo much mud packed into everything and take the tractor back out aand hook it back upto the air seeder it was a REALLY long day!!! LOL!!!
:beer:
Did the Corb Lund band make a song regarding this haha ha

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut the top strand of barb wire from post to post. Tied it to a little old ladies chevy blazer. I pulled it out of the ditch with a 1 ton 4x4 with her on the gas. the hardest part was trying to tie a not. The other hard part was telling the guy who owned the land I cut it. I offered to repair the fence or pay. He said don't worry. It was blowing and snowing. Minus 25. The woman was about 60 and needed help. It worked and she was off again

Last edited:

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came across a stuck pickup truck way back in the hills when I was quading. To my surprise there was a guy and his gf in it, they had already spent one night out there and they had no cell phone. The pickup was stuck pretty good. Backed my quad up to a tree and tied it to the tree. Then ran my winch to my snatch block that was hooked to his pickup, and back to my quad. This actually worked, and I had him out in about an hour. I'm still very surprised this actually worked.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a set of booster cables to pull a guy out. somebody broke into our shop in the middle of the night a bunch of years ago and stole my '91 GM, then they drove it out back to steal some fuel and got it stuck in the snow. looks like they tried to pull it out using my sled tiedowns that were in the box, after bending all the hooks straight they abandoned it....running, driver's door open, truck still in gear. sat like that until my pa got found it at 8 in the morning. thought I went on some kind of runaway and headed to work drunk or something. was an interesting phone call....

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of taking a rope with ha hook and hooking it Into your rims On the inner part Of The tire and letting the top her wrapped around the
Axle? Pull yourself out?

Sent from my mobile telephone

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back when i was 16 i had an old 98 dodge omni GLH. Myself and a buddy were out booze cruisin and decided to pull into an old abandond farm house yard. Ground looked really solid thru our beer goggles but it wasnt solid at all! we were about 30kms from the nearest house. got to lurking around and found an old probably an 82 honda trike abandoned in the bush. syphoned some fuel out of my car and wamo! the friggen thing starts for us! woooohooo. then i spotted a pile of old ground wire! used about a 30' chunk of #8 ground wire and looped it around the rear axle and pinned it with the trike and after about 15 or 20 good neckbreaking jars the car popped out! put the trike back where we found it and drove the car about 2kms back towards town....

then we got a free ride to town with Constable Miller..... and i had to pay for a tow truck anyways! but it was a good lesson in drunken ingenuity;)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Must have left after us. We once used 4-5 quads to pull out a truck that should not have been where he was. Guys only had one vehicle there too.

they would have been about 5 minutes behind you....

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also used a rope tied as high to a tree as I could and the cut the tree down. The tree falling gives the quad a quick snap and can pop you out of the hole. Need slack on the rope so te tree has momentum falling first. Growing up on a acreage with nothing but muskeg around made for quite a few stucks. I could go on and on with stories.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy and I were out on our old Foremans one time, I had 27" mud lites but no winch and he had bald stockers but a winch. Anyway he got stuck where he couldn't winch and I got stuck where you could winch but I didn't have one. We were just about to cook up some redneck ingenuity when a woman stopped in her truck ( the hole was in his field right next to the road) hooked a rope to her bumper and I was out then buddy winched to me. Lost a damn shoe in the hole though.

Top Bottom