What is the best turbo for the new pro

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if i would jump on the intercooler needed for the two stoke band wagon just yet, with the etec turbo i have ran it with and with out, same weekend and it will make a differece but not that big a issue, this thing is not a fourstroke..and heat buildup is not the same, i ran over 1 minute wot shoots with out intercooler and no issues.,,, cold air snorkel compared to underhood air, can do almost the same as a poor located intercooler

will be installing a air to water exhcanger soon. and hope to have much lower charge temps than any air to air would ever offer

etec track speed with a 3 inch on is now in low 70s with 7plbs boost, next ride out i plan to be on 10lbs, but how much power does a guy really need, spool up is great

Solar6402

Reaction score
I have not owned a turbo before and bought an 11 pro with a BD already on it, running pump gas at 8 lbs boost ...it runs perfect and have not had any overheating issues, or any tuning needs. For a mountain machine it is amazing, really hard to get stuck with all that track speed!!! From a turbo rookie, i am totally sold on the BD turbo.

robhayward

Reaction score
I can say the exact same only Silber! There are some solid kits out there, I am happy that I waited until the learning curve and build quality is possible to buy and go. I have solid non turbo mechanical knowledge and this isn't a nightmare like it may have been in years prior.

I have not owned a turbo before and bought an 11 pro with a BD already on it, running pump gas at 8 lbs boost ...it runs perfect and have not had any overheating issues, or any tuning needs. For a mountain machine it is amazing, really hard to get stuck with all that track speed!!! From a turbo rookie, i am totally sold on the BD turbo.

Solar6402

Reaction score
I was concerned about tuning issues but once my numbers were set it is auto pilot and absolutely amazing to have that track speed when ever you need it. i don't think i could ever go back to a non boosted sled and i am mostly a technical pow rider not chute climber unless necessary to get where we are going.

jessed

Reaction score
Installed my own Silber Turbo on my 2012 Pro RMK. At first it took a little tinkering with fuel controls along with fuel mixtures to get it running 100%. Now the machine is totally different and is awesome to ride! I agree and think it would make it pretty hard to get back on a N/A sled. I would be like getting back on a 500 short track. The Silber kit is a very well put together kit IMO.

powerfuldodge

Reaction score
I have Sibler kit on my sled 2012 switchback ,i'm running at 1000ft and 4PSI and pump fuel...The kit is 99% bolt in, The pre progammer setting are just about spot on...I tired the kit at 8PSI just because and what an animal....But for crusin around here at 1000ft 4PSI is awesome ,it pulls super strong and smooth at WOT. But if I race it 8PSI is where its at..

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like another new player out their in the fuel management control system. Vi-pec ECU. Precision EFI.

mt.sledder

Reaction score
Our riding group has 3 silber turbos. They absolutely rock. Great bottom end and throttle response. They rip in the trees. We've been running 100% av gas with no issues. Huge differenc between 7 and 12 psi at revy.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome to hear, I want to put a Turbo on mine but dont want to tinker with it every ride. I'm liking what im hearing about the Silber. Did you guys order them direct or is there someone in Edmonton that has them.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You asked about the best. IMO Boost it is the way to go. They are local, excellent support, Their goal is to build the best kit out there. These guys ride what they sell. They are always doing R & D on their products. If you are not satisfied, they are not satisfied.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You asked about the best. IMO Boost it is the way to go. They are local, excellent support, Their goal is to build the best kit out there. These guys ride what they sell. They are always doing R & D on their products. If you are not satisfied, they are not satisfied.

I agree with this... Even thou I don't have a Polaris... However from my standpoint NM Boostit is a QC/QA product and tested with the product user in mind. I personally don't know NM and Boostit Team.. However I saw them in Revy weekend after weekend testing the Polaris and admired how well it ran. Good Luck with whom ever kit you purchase and ride safe...

• Thanks
Reactions: NM
Top Bottom