What is the best turbo for the new pro

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I am going to do a couple precision efi turbo kits with standalone fuel management this and we will see how those work.Again with a properly built TURBO friendly engine. Retail cost of about $5000.00 Intercoolers now there is a topic for discussion,if placed properly great idea,if your up over 10psi boost great idea anything less well its just that less.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS
That should be an interesting experiment. Are you going to be doing the testing for Precision? As far as I know they have only run the new ecu up on a stock sled on a dyno and these guys have never even ridden in the mountains.
The biggest problem is what do the customers do when the sled won't run in the mountains? And it will happen.

They will get it to run at low elevation, but altitude is a whole new world. If they think the sensors will simply make the proper adjustments, they are wrong.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sound like a skeptic neil?? Indeed altitude is going to play a factor with the mapping, however with the addition of the ecu now being able to compute altitude and temp change along with an A/F ratio which it will tune to and the benefits of being able to control engine timing.With a properly built 2 stroke turbo engine, my question to you is why wont it work??

Deano

NM

Reaction score
It is not just a matter of altitude change. A base map has to be built in the ecu just like the manufacturer does. The map should be built at where the customer intends to ride, and then done in deep and low snow conditions as well as high and low pressure days. Only then can you use a autotune function to fine tune a map. Autotune is much harder to use than most people would think.
So once the map is established, which will take countless hours with a laptop at the elevation the rider will use it at (the oems do this), the parameters must be set as to where and how much you need the sensors to correct for IAT, water temp, throttle position, rpm, etc. Now to make things more complicated you throw a turbo on it and the ecu has to determine MAP pressure, threshold, timing, afr, Inj lag for accelerator, etc. They better use more sensors than the factory Tmap and water temp to have a hope of compensation. I know they will have a MAP sensor, but that won't be enough. Not sure how they plan on compensating for the massive swings in load vs throttle position and boost pressure which they never deal with in a car.
Never said it can't work, but I don't know who has the time to build a map to start with, and it must be done.

Impulse has been fighting standalone programming for 3 years now, and the sleds still run inconsistent. That is on a 4 stroke which is easy compared to a 2 stroke.

I was just curious if you were going to write the maps and test at elevation for the customers and then make changes for them when they have a hiccup? It's easy for Precision to simply say it will work, but how do they know that when they have never even ridden one yet?

It will be interesting what they use for injectors too. We use a total of 1360 cc of injector per cylinder on our 2 stroke. This is done with 4 injectors so duty cycle and low end driveability is managable. Running huge injectors in vac on a 800 cc engine will create it's own issues.

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Neil on this one. The Precision EFI system, in theory, sounds like a great idea, but when the promoter (supraturbo) refuses to (or can't) answer any questions regarding the kit...seems like a red flag to me. Furthermore...how is some guy from Quebec going to help out a customer that's having problems in the big mountains of B.C.
We all know what happens when customers get used as test pilots...they get pi$$ed:)

Last edited:

EZmoney

Reaction score
I think cold fuel would help slightly, but I don't understand that theory when the coolers run under the tank. Watch the vids of the silber kits on youtube, they are not fast. It said they were running at 10 lbs boost too. The HM kit we have with water to air intercooler never gets over 90 deg intake air temps no matter what. We always run it at 8 lbs boost. We changed it slightly and are running a Boost-It fuel controller and different weights, but everything else was the same as it came from HM. There are a few shots of it running here Boost It Fuel Your Boost!! - YouTube

So have you ever seen a Silber kit run in person or you just basing this off a you tube clip??? LOL Funny the fastest two stroke turbos ive seen run and not on you tube were non intercooled and was a twisted turbo m8 and 1000. Cooler charge temps may run a little more efficient but wont make a sled slow. I did ask around and with a cold air intake, temps around 120 to were found on non intercooled sleds and thats not that hot.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
So have you ever seen a Silber kit run in person or you just basing this off a you tube clip??? LOL Funny the fastest two stroke turbos ive seen run and not on you tube were non intercooled and was a twisted turbo m8 and 1000. Cooler charge temps may run a little more efficient but wont make a sled slow. I did ask around and with a cold air intake, temps around 120 to were found on non intercooled sleds and thats not that hot.
If motors ran as good without an intercooler, then no one would run them. Ask a real performance shop that builds turbo applications if they would even consider a turbo application without a intercooler. It is a choice to run one and a good excuse when your buddy drives past you! hahahaha
I say line them up and let them rip.

NM

Reaction score
Just got off ther hill testing two E-tech 800's and it kinda looks like the Poo's are in trouble anyway. The E-tech laid the boots to our Pro all day.

They all had intercoolers by the way! lol

turboassault

Reaction score
Thanks guys i think all the kits will probably work well. It seems like a few guys are running the silber kit and liking it and you cant argue the price. The boondocker is always a good option for a little more cash. Went and put a three inch on it this year so turbo will have to wait!!

Turbo jo

Reaction score
I got an aerocharged 2010 assault non intercolled runs great way easier to work on kits are so easy to install...and when u roll yur sled I don't have all that plumbing rippin Off much cleaner kits

EZmoney

Reaction score
Neil.. You should have turned the boost up on the pro you were only runing 8 psi to the doos 11psi correct? could have gave the little rmk a fighting chance!

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil.. You should have turned the boost up on the pro you were only runing 8 psi to the doos 11psi correct? could have gave the little rmk a fighting chance!
The doo can handle it the polaris?j/k sorry hows it going?

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nm u better hope and pray that these standalone systems don't work out. Because if they do, u might as well stick that boost-it system up your a$$ right beside your head. If u think for a minute that you're doing yourself any favors by coming on here or sw and bashing everyone's kit, your Wrong!

If your boost-it system works as good as u say it does, good for u!

Last edited:

NM

Reaction score
Nm u better hope and pray that these standalone systems don't work out. Because if they do, u might as well stick that boost-it system up your a$$ right beside your head. If u think for a minute that you're doing yourself any favors by coming on here or sw and bashing everyone's kit, your Wrong!

Haha...nice post.

If you think for one minute that I care what you think, then your wrong. If I hurt your feelings because I speak the truth, then too bad. I bet there are a lot of people that wish they were given better advice when they bought certain other kits that need our fuel system on them so they run.

Quite honestly we are not doing this for the money and If I never sold another fuel box I could care less. We sell them because they work. I have a money back guarantee for the Nytro kits. Do you know why? Because I'm sick of seeing people getting jerked around with promises of a great product and then end up with a dud!

If the standalone systems work on mountain sleds then great because they are exactly what the sled world needs. I wouldn't lay down any cash to find out if they are going to work.

Our engineer could easily build a standalone system for anything that burns gas...he has been doing it for 30 years. He builds full standalone fuel systems for both naturally aspirated and turbo charged airplanes and sells them all over the world. He also builds full fuel systems for cars, trucks, or whatever. He converted two turbo charged RX1 carbed sleds to full standalone fuel injection. I will let you find out for yourself why we decided it was a bad idea to build it for a mountain sled.

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If your The boost-it system does works as good as he says it does, good for u!

You said it all.....

***Words you'll use quite regularly tuning a standalone.....*** haha

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha...nice post.If you think for one minute that I care what you think, then your wrong. If I hurt your feelings because I speak the truth, then too bad. I bet there are a lot of people that wish they were given better advice when they bought certain other kits that need our fuel system on them so they run. Quite honestly we are not doing this for the money and If I never sold another fuel box I could care less. We sell them because they work. I have a money back guarantee for the Nytro kits. Do you know why? Because I'm sick of seeing people getting jerked around with promises of a great product and then end up with a dud!If the standalone systems work on mountain sleds then great because they are exactly what the sled world needs. I wouldn't lay down any cash to find out if they are going to work.Our engineer could easily build a standalone system for anything that burns gas...he has been doing it for 30 years. He builds full standalone fuel systems for both naturally aspirated and turbo charged airplanes and sells them all over the world. He also builds full fuel systems for cars, trucks, or whatever. He converted two turbo charged RX1 carbed sleds to full standalone fuel injection. I will let you find out for yourself why we decided it was a bad idea to build it for a mountain sled.
No feelings hurt here!
And I do have to agree with ya, a lot of people get conned into buying garbage. But on the other hand, there r plenty of great running turbo kits out there.

Last edited:

EZmoney

Reaction score

What are you jumping all over Neil for he stated his opinion and i also agree. I would NOT run out and buy a kit from precision right now Its never been ridden in the mountains.Would you buy one? Boost it works and it works good on both two and four strokes and with any kit something to be said for that. Plug it in, and just ride Ive seen it first hand. Its a great option to have to improve a kit.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil also has the fastet reply time and best customer support i'v ever seen in the sled world. He tests and knows his s#$%, He also states his opinion with pure facts and proof. Thats why my weapon is also at the boost-it shop waiting in line for its special ingrediant....BOOST-IT!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

400hp

Reaction score
boost-it is building my pro right now.....HM turbo kit custom intercooler because i wanted e-start, full m-10 with air bags...cant wait to beat that thing up!

Top Bottom