What is the best turbo for the new pro

turboassault

Reaction score
Ok i know i am going to start a riot with this one, but i am wondering what is the best option on the new polaris pro for a turbo. I am currently running a boondockers pump gas on a polaris assault. It absolutely rocks, the power is awesome and i cant even think i will ever own a stocker again. So it brings me to this. The new pro seems to be a significant upgrade on the dragon chassis and giving it some boost should make it a very impressive machine. I would like everyones opinion on the best option for turboing this machine. Boondockers is a no brainer because they have been doing it forever. The hm turbo's look sick and seem to perform very well. Just looking for opinion guys. Also is anyone doing a supercharger yet and where can you see one or read up on it.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you know the answer to your own ?? BD.I will be installing one at the end of the month I road one today and it was so crisp you wount even know it had a turbo except for the power I think they have the best fuel control out there today.

PRORIDER27

Reaction score
Twisted Turbos are working pretty good so far. A few issues with tech support which is normal for first year but i know they are capable of 20lbs of boost and holding together.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Twisted Turbos are working pretty good so far. A few issues with tech support which is normal for first year but i know they are capable of 20lbs of boost and holding together.

What 20 lbs boost what are you talking about!! sorry but if thats what you were told you herd wrong. Do you have a 2 stroke turbo? This guy is looking for help on what kit to buy not someone bsing about what they herd from someone else.20 lbs not a chance!! maybe for 5 min but thats it. Sorry if this sounds harsh but what you are saying is not true.

Chris (PARKLAND MOTORSPORTS)

400hp

Reaction score
im putting hm turbo with the boost-it fuel system on ...10 pounds of boost and they are working un-real!!!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neils got that PRO RMK running very good with the the HM turbo and his controler as seen in the videos.
The silber kits look pretty Impressive. Do they run as good as they look. From the looks it Neils controller would make this an excellent combo also.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only one I've been around is the Silber. I don't sell these and have no ties to anyone that builds them. I personally wouldn't buy anything else but the Silber. His kit is absolutely dialed and you're not doing the R&D for him.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a buddy yesterday. He's running a Silber kit, 12 lbs boost, full race fuel. He has 1500 miles on it and it runs awesome. Retains same zip as stock bottom end but way more power everywhere. He could point it up at anything.

PRORIDER27

Reaction score
What 20 lbs boost what are you talking about!! sorry but if thats what you were told you herd wrong. Do you have a 2 stroke turbo? This guy is looking for help on what kit to buy not someone bsing about what they herd from someone else.20 lbs not a chance!! maybe for 5 min but thats it. Sorry if this sounds harsh but what you are saying is not true.

Chris (PARKLAND MOTORSPORTS)
What's with the personal attack. Those numbers came right out of Stangers mouth himself. No need to bash my name when we never even met Tyson. Easy install, great power and affordable.

buckshot

Reaction score
I just spang for a Silber kit. After reading on the forums and talking with Justin his kit seems pretty good. And it is $2000 cheaper then BD....that puts it about $2800 cheaper then an Aero kit. If it works as everyone is saying...well at least i will be able to sit down at the end of the day.....oh ya that is for the PRO.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
The Silber kit will work ok for the money. I really don't understand why any turbo kit comes without an intercooler. For lean snow it might be ok, but heavy snow and wide open, the charge temps will be crazy. Can't imagine shoving 150-180 deg air in to a 2 stroke motor. The turbo builders that do not offer an intercooler do not even know the charge temps, because they don't want to know.
It would be cool to see a side by side comparison of all the kits, but not even the kit builders want to see it.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Silber kit will work ok for the money. I really don't understand why any turbo kit comes without an intercooler. For lean snow it might be ok, but heavy snow and wide open, the charge temps will be crazy. Can't imagine shoving 150-180 deg air in to a 2 stroke motor. The turbo builders that do not offer an intercooler do not even know the charge temps, because they don't want to know.
It would be cool to see a side by side comparison of all the kits, but not even the kit builders want to see it.

I agree about the intercooler as long as it is located somewhere that it can get cold air running thru it all the time, cause if it isn't getting cold air then it turns into a heater. I know a very good dyno place in west edm did some testing with a turbo sled and he just had cold water running over the intercooler and got a baseline number then did a run with no water on the intercooler and it dropped by about 30hp and charge tube temps went way up.

As for the 20lbs of boost one of the toughest turbo two stroke motors out there IMO is the cats and i know that an M8 will survive at 22lbs boost for a very short time, buddy of mine made an error and the belly pan was a catchpan for parts(snow drag racing).I know M1000's that have been rat at 16-18lbs boost for a full season and no issue. That being said i'm not convinced that the poo motor would take it. Also to run high boost like that you have to plate crankseals usually and such. I've also been told by twisted that they dont have y-pipe issues and i have a buddy who went thru atleast 4 y-pipes on his M1000 in one season at about 14lbs boost.

buckshot

Reaction score
Silber's take is that with extra injectors adding fuel from your tank (0C- -20C on average) out weights the high charge temps. He told me that they tried an intercooler and it wasn't effective. On my D8t with a BD intercooler kit I was seeing charge temps about 90F average. It will be interesting to see how this kit compares.

NM

Reaction score
Silber's take is that with extra injectors adding fuel from your tank (0C- -20C on average) out weights the high charge temps. He told me that they tried an intercooler and it wasn't effective. On my D8t with a BD intercooler kit I was seeing charge temps about 90F average. It will be interesting to see how this kit compares.
I think cold fuel would help slightly, but I don't understand that theory when the coolers run under the tank. Watch the vids of the silber kits on youtube, they are not fast. It said they were running at 10 lbs boost too. The HM kit we have with water to air intercooler never gets over 90 deg intake air temps no matter what. We always run it at 8 lbs boost. We changed it slightly and are running a Boost-It fuel controller and different weights, but everything else was the same as it came from HM. There are a few shots of it running here Boost It Fuel Your Boost!! - YouTube

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think cold fuel would help slightly, but I don't understand that theory when the coolers run under the tank. Watch the vids of the silber kits on youtube, they are not fast. It said they were running at 10 lbs boost too. The HM kit we have with water to air intercooler never gets over 90 deg intake air temps no matter what. We always run it at 8 lbs boost. We changed it slightly and are running a Boost-It fuel controller and different weights, but everything else was the same as it came from HM. There are a few shots of it running here Boost It Fuel Your Boost!! - YouTube

Hey Neil,

What kind of dollars and cents are we talking about to throw one of your systems into a new pro rmk 800? Pm me if you dont want to put it into the thread. I am looking at a new pro but am having a hard time stomaching only 150 hp and would look at a turbo for it if I go that way.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I Have rode a D8T with one of silbers kits on it at 10lbs boost and to be honest i sware my M1000 felt like it pulled way harder. Granted i have a camo extreme track on mine and the D8T had a stock '09 poo track. But i was not impressed at all with the set-up, and the guy that owns it has it dialed in well. As far as intake temp being helped out with cold fuel temp i dont buy it at all. Like NM said the sleds coolers run under the fuel tank. I really like the idea of the water to air intercooler or an intercooler that is mounted in a psoition that it gets lots of cold air going thru it all the time. If the intercooler is not kept cool it will have an opposite affect on it as it'll become a heater(intercoolers look like a heater core). I hope to see one of the HM kits this winter as i'm really curious to see how they work.

NM

Reaction score
Hey Neil,

What kind of dollars and cents are we talking about to throw one of your systems into a new pro rmk 800? Pm me if you dont want to put it into the thread. I am looking at a new pro but am having a hard time stomaching only 150 hp and would look at a turbo for it if I go that way.
The controllers are 700.00 plus a Pelican case and riser mount for another 40.00 if you need them. It should work with any turbo kit, but we have only tested with the HM Aerocharger kit. We will be selling and installing Aerocharger kits with water to air intercooler.

dnicolle

Reaction score
I also sprang for the Silber Turbo kit. Did a fair amount of research and from what I found Silber and Booddocker are the way to go, but for the price of the Silber compared to the Boondocker, that extra $2000 is better in my pocket. That and I'm not keen on cutting a hole in the tunnel for the Boondocker. As for the intercooler, the 2012 kit offers an air to air intercooler.
http://www.silberturbos.com/

2011 RMK Pro 163

PRO TURBO 13.jpg

Last edited:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to do a couple precision efi turbo kits with standalone fuel management this and we will see how those work.Again with a properly built TURBO friendly engine. Retail cost of about $5000.00 Intercoolers now there is a topic for discussion,if placed properly great idea,if your up over 10psi boost great idea anything less well its just that less.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Top Bottom