What is the best travel points credit card?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the TD Visa Travel rewards card,
And at first it seemed like I could rack up about $1000 worth of points a year. Now it seems a lot less and takes twice the time for that.

I'm thinking of switching cards..

Any suggestions?

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Westjet MasterCard. You get a companion flight anywhere in Canada for $99, $199 to the US, or $299 international. Pays for itself and then some. You also get free first checked bags which saves you about $50 a person (or whatever scam the airlines are charging).

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BMO m/c you can double dip. You get points from the card then you can use your airmiles card. Adds up quick.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switched to Capital One Aspire, best travel card when I researched 2 years ago. 2% back and can book directly through airlines/hotel/car rentals then get credit after. The travel benefits are worth it too if you like that kind of stuff, much more than the standard vehicle insurance.
Most people don't get approved for it as they are strict on only getting high wage & credit households (not a high wage for AB standards...)

Last edited:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Westjet MasterCard. You get a companion flight anywhere in Canada for $99, $199 to the US, or $299 international. Pays for itself and then some. You also get free first checked bags which saves you about $50 a person (or whatever scam the airlines are charging).

Also 250 westjet dollars when you sign up

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The elite card looks good, not as much benefits as my capital one and don't tend to fly westjet myself as they always seem more expensive but can't complain if you're an avid westjet flyer. How much is the annual fee?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have good luck with out west jet card as mentioned above what it offers.

Easy to use on flights or west jet vacation packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read up on the WJ card, I think I'm gonna add it as a secondary card. It is 1.5% cashback in daily purchases so my 2% cashback capital one makes me more money annually for daily use based on my calculations.
Can't go wrong with the WJ as a backup.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum. My dad has the same one and he has went on a vacation every year since he's gotten it with airfare and hotel paid for.

But it then again he puts farm expenses on the visa and earns points like mad.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cash is king... points can be such a trap and restrictive when you actually want to use them (maybe not every one of the point systems out there, but lots are getting more and more strict). Air Miles, aeroplan, westjet all have expiration periods now - granted they are several years, but still something to consider if you don't travel all the time. I personally like the cash back way so I can choose to do what I want with it. The moneysense ranking posted earlier is what I used a few years ago - it's been good to me since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've looked at this a few times. Keep coming back to my existing card...CIBC Dividend classic. No fee yet I get a few % cash back on almost all purchases.

Top Bottom