What helmet light are you guys running?

chad006

Reaction score
Hey fellas, just wondering what helmet lights you guys are using? Looking at the frankensled deluxe, anybody using it?

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running a lead dog for years and love it. Its nice to see where you are looking at night not where the sled or the bars are pointed. I have mine wired up so the brake light is on all the time too. Makes it easy for people to see you when you are kicking up snow dust at night.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be running the Frankensled this year. I've used the light a bunch already, nice to have something I can use without the sled too. Lead dog and Frankensled are close the the same price (Frakensled is based out of Cochrane and Lead Dog is outta Alaska so you're gonna pay duty).

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
I've got about 6 frankensled lights in Edm. They really do throw more light than the lead dog and are adjustable. Pm for deets.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Info is there, you just have to click on the attachment at the bottom of the page. the Frankensled an LED flashlight, or are they still using the "older" technology? Website doesn't tell a guy much.[/QUOTE]

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing with a lead dog, is being a bulb it throws heat, if u have it one will warm hands ect

That's why I got it, u just never know

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used a Lead Dog for years -- but use it now for back up-- I use a LED with a battery pack--- use a gopro mount -- works awesome -- www.sled-revy.com

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frankensled for 2 seasons now, and I do require a helmet light as I have no head light. It has 3 different light settings on it. mounts with a go pro mount. and as mention you can use it as a regular/utility flash light. pretty handy. haven't even charged the battery from last year and it still works! kit comes with everything you need. based out of Cochrane no crappy US exchange

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That race halo looks intense! How long till someone makes a knock off of it for a reasonable price?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go this route.. as a flashlight mounted with a go-pro mount is not worth 200 dollars IMO. How does it compare, since obviously it isn't really 4000 lumens

To be honest I think is close to 4000 lumens I have a light bar on my maverick that is roughly 3500 lumens and its just as bright as that! Im very impressed with it !

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
Nice thing about frankensled kit is the ability to use all the adapters for charging in the truck or trailer or cabin. A backup battery is nice to have but even still the fully charged lithium battery lasts for 3-4 hours go night riding on full power. The light is also water resistant and can be soaking wet all day and not have an issue. Want to work on the sled or check the skid? Unclick the light and out it to work. Lead dog is nice if you want to follow guys out in the dark, sometimes that rear illumination is easier to spot. Imo lead dogs don't get that hot if you need to heat that up to warm your hands you better be figuring something else out ;)

drew17

Reaction score
Have something similar to that eBay one but mine is from aliexpress blows frankensled outta the water and lead dog isn't in the conversation definitely not as clean looking but out performs and with the 6 spare batteries I got it cost me a total of 40 bucks. It says it's 5500 lumens but we all now that's not true but it is substantially brighter then the frankinslefrankensled or at least it has a much wider beam. Also just for fun go take a look at the flashlights they have on aliexpress u will find quite a few that look dangerously close to the frankensled one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice thing about frankensled kit is the ability to use all the adapters for charging in the truck or trailer or cabin. A backup battery is nice to have but even still the fully charged lithium battery lasts for 3-4 hours go night riding on full power. The light is also water resistant and can be soaking wet all day and not have an issue. Want to work on the sled or check the skid? Unclick the light and out it to work. Lead dog is nice if you want to follow guys out in the dark, sometimes that rear illumination is easier to spot. Imo lead dogs don't get that hot if you need to heat that up to warm your hands you better be figuring something else out ;)

Any thing with a incandescent bulb will heat up, including ur hands

Yes they aren't as bright, yes they draw more power

But the red light at back to follow ect is why I chose it

Top Bottom