What does everyone use for engine oil?

keith660

Reaction score
I use 0-40 amsoil and yamaha oil filters year round, have not overheated yet.

keith

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya i think that is the best (AMsoil 0-40).Although the K&n filters are easier to get off the Grizz..they have the nut on the end of the filter..

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know a lot of people that use Amsoil, and have never had a problem. I personaly prefer to stay with the oil that was made for the machine, in synthetic of course. And I've never had a problem either. At the end of the day, I would say either factory, or amsoil.

Gowen

Reaction score
I use a 0W-40 Synthetic ATV oil sold by Arctic Cat in my King Quads and Honda, year around. It comes in a four litre container that I find convenient. Like the cold starts with the 0W-40 as with a thinner oil at starting temperatures the flow comes up faster. I now don't hear the knocking sound I did with a 10W-40 oil for a couple engine rotations. :thumbsup2:

Still using the BRP 5W-40 synthetic oil in the Can Am, it is very expensive compared to the AC oil, but just haven't switched yet. May use the Arctic Cat oil although the Can Am does not have an internal clutch. I don't believe it should matter though. Sure will be nice just to use one type of oil in all quads. :)

Since I started using the synthetic oil in the Honda I find it's push-rod engine is quieter and shifting the manual trans is easier, less toe pressure required to shift.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran Amsoil in my 660 for 1 oil change. Will never use it again! When I finally dumped it out, it was prolly new as I had to add so much when it was in there. Went back to Yamalube semi-syn and never added any betwen oil changes.

Top Bottom