what do you think of aftermarket pistins

max900

Reaction score
just woudering about aftermarket pistins had a buddy put in his 900 polaris if good what are the best ones or should i be taking a tow rope :d:d:d thanks for our opp.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first off what brand of pistions? .....
second off its a 900 po po so always bring a tow rope....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was told when i did the wifes 800, by 2 different builders who would of sold me aftermarket if i wanted them, that i should go with factory polaris pistons as all the aftermarket ones for polaris are junk. they even had them in stock and ready to sell if i wanted them but recomended go to a dealer and get genuine polaris.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running SPI pistons for years in multiple sleds and never had a problem. :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wiseco pistons are THE ONLY way to go for any 2 stroke.

take your jugs to cycleworks machine shop and they will bore/hone/match up a set of pistons that will outlast the sled

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are there any 900rmks that are still alive? i dont think i have seen one yet this season

we're -1 so far..

i'm running mcb dual ring pistons in my rev. no issues so far over 250 miles (yes miles not km's) on since the rebuild.

Cutting Edge

Reaction score
my RMk 900 last year had over 4000 miles with the stock 05 pistons and stock never opened engine......was told to get rid of the 05 pistons.....so I put in SPI because I heard` nothing but good about them........think I put another 500 on them and the guy who bought it is still running it the way I sold it to him........ had zero problems with 900 RMK with SPI......trever at MAC's Machine in sicamous said they are all he uses and he is a top builder. had him hone cylinders for new rings! compression never changed......think it was 130 psi same as stock but guys said the 05 stock pistons broke skirts so get them out of there.......but really if they did wouldnt it have broke sooner than 4000 miles?......well they never did break!

Last edited:
Top Bottom