What do you think its worth - help!

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

after having so many dramas with my ski doo (which i have finally sold) i am looking to get a used yamaha mtn max. I have found one that looks good value, and i want to make the guy an offer but i thought i would ask you guys what you think its worth before i do.
Here are the facts:

2002 Yamaha mtn max tripple

5060 kms
Track extension to 151 - track is in decent shape too.
has new front shocks, and trailing arms (also comes with originals - there is nothing wrong with them owner had a spare set)
no cosmetic damage no cracks in hood or belly.

Needs:
new grips and hand warmers
new pipes (prob not for a approx 500km's)
new tail light
new key and ignition

he is asking for 2000$. I have spoken to the mechanic that has worked on the sled since it was new, and he said it was a strong running sled that had only 1 problem ever (it needed a new chain case). Its had a minor service, though i would be looking to do a full service one it pre season.

what do you think its worth?

thanks

P

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally, i would wait to find a sled that you have to do nothing to. 5000 kms is relatively high for a mountain machine imo but. like heavy d said, if it's what your after buy it.

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My Mountain Max had over 10000k on it before I sold it. It had one top end rebuild on it around 7000k and the only other issue was when the stator crapped out. I'd say 2000 is a fair price for that sled.

Top Bottom