What do you run for Front Aux Lights?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided not to do the HID thing on my 10' Silverado half ton. Looking to see what everyone is running on their trucks, and how they are set up, and perhaps some photos.

I am open to a bull bar setup, but dislike the Lightforce lights. Ideally would like it to look clean and not have dinner plate size lights, etc. You get the idea.

If you have something on your GM, would love to see your setup. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words....:)

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the LED 20" bar with flood and spot lenses on my F350.

It is brighter than my other truck with 4 PIAA's and 3 LF.

No pics of the LED but one of the old truck.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided not to do the HID thing on my 10' Silverado half ton. Looking to see what everyone is running on their trucks, and how they are set up, and perhaps some photos.

I am open to a bull bar setup, but dislike the Lightforce lights. Ideally would like it to look clean and not have dinner plate size lights, etc. You get the idea.

If you have something on your GM, would love to see your setup. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words....:)
Hella Black Magic lights...wired in with a relay to the high beam circuit...on a KC light bar. Fits great and is less obtrusive than a bull bar...and you can keep the tow hooks. I love the lights because from any angle but straight on they look black. The only fault is that after 2 years the cheap powder coating is chipping off the bar. I wire-wheeled it last weekend and gave it a temp coat of Tremclad until spring when I will take and get it coated again.

I've had Lightfarce in the past as well and these lights are more durable with as good of light.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I have the LED 20" bar with flood and spot lenses on my F350.

It is brighter than my other truck with 4 PIAA's and 3 LF.

No pics of the LED but one of the old truck.

Wow that is a hell of a bumper. How do you like your 20" light bar? How's the light output; does it flood the road with light or more of a spot lighting like LF? Is the bar a Rigid or something else?

Hella Black Magic lights...wired in with a relay to the high beam circuit...on a KC light bar. Fits great and is less obtrusive than a bull bar...and you can keep the tow hooks. I love the lights because from any angle but straight on they look black. The only fault is that after 2 years the cheap powder coating is chipping off the bar. I wire-wheeled it last weekend and gave it a temp coat of Tremclad until spring when I will take and get it coated again.

I've had Lightfarce in the past as well and these lights are more durable with as good of light.

hey thanks, nice truck BTW. I like that setup and the fact it looks low key. The bar is minimalist which is nice, as I think those Aries bars can be pretty gawdy depending on the truck. Keeping tow hooks is a bonus. What did that setup run you?

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Firestone Winterforce I see, got them on my wife's truck, just love them, a great winter tire all around and not to pricey.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with something like this and mount it behind grill. The reason for mounting out of site or hard to get at is they are easy to steal.
Buddy of mine had his $1400 light bar stole and replaced it and was stole again the next day.
This was on his service truck .Pissed off big time. $2800 gone.
They just broke the brackets off and cut wire.

I have a 20 inch Rigid mounted in the hole off the bumper on a 2012 hd GMC. Fits perfect and out of the way.
Stealth LED Light Bar

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 643
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wiseguy, that is the exactly the way the fellow that i was talking about had his mounted. It would be nice to have something that made it harder to steal.
Something to think about.
Nice truck!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with something like this and mount it behind grill. The reason for mounting out of site or hard to get at is they are easy to steal.
Buddy of mine had his $1400 light bar stole and replaced it and was stole again the next day.
This was on his service truck .Pissed off big time. $2800 gone.
They just broke the brackets off and cut wire.

I have a 20 inch Rigid mounted in the hole off the bumper on a 2012 hd GMC. Fits perfect and out of the way.
Stealth LED Light Bar

That looks great. Is it a Rigid or a Stealth LED? Did you install yourself? Did it come with mounts that worked in that opening or did you have to fab something?

I like how its recessed in that bumper opening.

Big improvement over stock hi beam??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks great. Is it a Rigid or a Stealth LED? Rigid .
Did you install yourself? Installed myself.
Did it come with mounts that worked in that opening or did you have to fab something?
I had to make my own mounts. 2 1/4 inch long aluminum spacers bolted to the top of the bumper to center light in the opening.

I like how its recessed in that bumper opening. I think you will have to go with the Stealth as the opening in your bumper is smaller. They make a mount for there lights in this spot. Look on there website as it is a option.
The Stealth is narrower and if you have the room you can double up.

Big improvement over stock hi beam?? Yes

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks great. Is it a Rigid or a Stealth LED? Rigid . Did you install yourself? Installed myself.Did it come with mounts that worked in that opening or did you have to fab something? I had to make my own mounts. 2 1/4 inch long aluminum spacers bolted to the top of the bumper to center light in the opening.I like how its recessed in that bumper opening. I think you will have to go with the Stealth as the opening in your bumper is smaller. They make a mount for there lights in this spot. Look on there website as it is a option.The Stealth is narrower and if you have the room you can double up. Big improvement over stock hi beam?? Yes
Thanks for the info PFI, very helpful. I'll measure it out and maybe I could squeeze two smaller ones in there too and angle them for the sides of the road. Its more for animals on the road, ditches in the winter. I'll definitely check out the Baja designs line though...

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i want to do with my superduty mount it in the middle opening how bright are them 20 inch light bars do they light up both sides of the ditches Looks awesome pfi572

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks awesome have to order up the kit fits 2 20 inch light bars in the front that should be bright enough :cool:

Attachments

• 630801-3.jpg
    630801-3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 630801-2.jpg
    630801-2.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 630801.jpg
    630801.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 455

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The opening is 24" roughly, so I could get a 20" Stealth in there. Might be too tight for a pair of the smaller floods, they are about 3" wide...unless I go with the KC type bar. I do like the stock look of being all recessed, and the fact it would be tougher to steal.

How do you find one 20" bar works? Does it light up the sides of the road well, or would recommend two flood style, smaller lights for that purpose?

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks awesome have to order up the kit fits 2 20 inch light bars in the front that should be bright enough :cool:

This is how I mounted mine in my 07 but made my own brackets. They'd have to steal my bumper.

It floods the ditches and shines as far as the spots with no light gaps in between. Bought mine from Interior Offroad in Edmonton.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes these bars with an LED integrated? Off the IOR site. Looks like it says "BRR" or BAR"...look pretty slick. It would give me some room for two smaller ones on top..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes these bars with an LED integrated? Off the IOR site. Looks like it says "BRR" or BAR"...look pretty slick. It would give me some room for two smaller ones on top..

Interior Offroad custom makes those bars in their shop in PG, well a better way to put it is they retro fit the bars in their shop. I have looked at them, if you want a push bar on the front of your truck they are an excellent option, well made and look good.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my Rigid LED 20" combo light mounted on my bull bar hooked up to my aux switches on my 09 F350. This light is worth every penny!!! has safed me from hitting wildlife a few times already. I also got 8000K HID headlights+fog lights and when i turn this baby on hahahaha she does a full Xray of the wildlife LOL. Rigid is the way to go lifetime warranty also no questions asked i send one back cause i had moisture in light they give me a new one never even batted a eye!! That is best pic i got sorry

Attachments

• DSCN4706.JPG
    DSCN4706.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 365
Top Bottom