This my setup....4-4"LED lights

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 461

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hella Black Magic lights...wired in with a relay to the high beam circuit...on a KC light bar. Fits great and is less obtrusive than a bull bar...and you can keep the tow hooks. I love the lights because from any angle but straight on they look black. The only fault is that after 2 years the cheap powder coating is chipping off the bar. I wire-wheeled it last weekend and gave it a temp coat of Tremclad until spring when I will take and get it coated again.

I've had Lightfarce in the past as well and these lights are more durable with as good of light.

I was looking into this same lightbar for my 12 Chev 1500, haven't decided what I'd run for lights yet. Thanks for the info about the powder coating though!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, very helpful. I think I've narrowed it to two options at least :

In bumper cut out: Baja designs 22" ONX or 20" Baja Stealth. The ONXbar is about 4000 lumens brighter but damn near twice as much. Rigid is too big to fit in there (light will be cut off)

Or: Aries bull bar with the Baja Stealth 20" with two LED spot flood combo, or the corresponding Rigid setup (20" e-series with two Dually D2's). If the two extra lights would fit that is.

Do you guys think I would be happy with just the single 20 or 22" in the bumper cut out, or would I be left wanting the extra two lights for ditches? You guys running the single 20"; do you find it's enough?

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rigids can be ordered with a Flood-Spot-Flood setup....my 10" on my Outlander was like this....the center lights the middle of the roads, the outers flood the sides. Works well.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the single 20" Rigid combo light on my bull bar and it works awesome!!! I find it lots of light but i also have HID headlights and fog lights. With my rigid 20" light on i can see 10 power poles down the road and with just my HID headlights on high beam i can only see 4 power poles down the road. That is how i see how it works hahaha. Make syre you get the combo light the first 6 bulbs on each side are a flood and the middle is a spotlight, so the sides flood the ditch and middle shoots far down the road. Plus i like the look of the bull bar on the truck so that is why i when with the 20"combo light.

Last edited:

QPDO

Reaction score
I have a 20" Rigid Led light bar as well. Flood/Spot Combo. Throws the light so far, can see signs and reflective tape from quite a ways away. With the HID's on it lights up the entire road and the ditch. I also have the "All on Mod" for the highs and lows together. Sorry for the chitty cell pics, the pictures dont do it justice. I also have my low beam HID's pointed at the ground as to not blind anyone... I know I will probably still get flamed for HID's in a halogen housing though. Plus with the bar hidden behind the grill, its a little more insurance to make sure no @#$* nuts make away with it. But you can see in the second picture how far the light is shed.

DFBA6356-792F-496E-8ECB-9BCBE7DE8313-1683-000001EEF9A5A6D8.jpg

CFAC40A6-871C-40AE-B2EB-5390E692C5BE-1683-000001EFD5761E8E.jpg

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i dont have the pics anymore but i had a 2010 gmc 2500 with a rigid SR series 20" light bar in the bumper and it worked good but the rigid light shat the bed so i would say go with a baja Designs ONX light bar in the bumper and you will love it.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i dont have the pics anymore but i had a 2010 gmc 2500 with a rigid SR series 20" light bar in the bumper and it worked good but the rigid light shat the bed so i would say go with a baja Designs ONX light bar in the bumper and you will love it.

Looked around for Baja Designs and no luck around here. Anywhere else would cost a fortune to get shipped. IOR has their ZBAR's with the recessed LED, but its upwards of $1000 (seems a bit ridiculous), before its shipped.

Found a Rigid 20" SR for less than 5 bills, so I'll probably end up doin that.

Jared, how was your install, did the cradle the bar came with work well in that bumper cut out or did you have to fab something to get it to work? Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the Rigid 20" SR...

008.JPG

007.JPG

Thanks for all the help guys! Pretty happy with the end result! I put some additional pics in another thread, as far as install, and the bracket, should anyone want to see it for their own use (I could have used it!)

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how I mounted mine in my 07 but made my own brackets. They'd have to steal my bumper.

It floods the ditches and shines as far as the spots with no light gaps in between. Bought mine from Interior Offroad in Edmonton.

Finally remembered to take a pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360423970.382706.jpg

avenge95

Reaction score
I run a 20" Rigid SR In the front bumper of my 09' Jeep Patriot. Also put clear covers on for extra protection from rocks. Don't have any night pictures yet but this thing is bright!
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Avenge! I like the covers..not sure if I have the clearance on top though.

avenge95

Reaction score
Looks good Avenge! I like the covers..not sure if I have the clearance on top though.
Thanks! I was worried about clearance too with the covers and I had to take the light off to put the covers on and then re-install it. But the way I look at it the lenses are supposed to be "unbreakable" but the covers add a little extra security, especially with the light being mounted so low, I would rather the cover take a rock then the actual light. And there is still enough clearance to adjust the light up or down as needed (just barely though)

jamiepenney

Reaction score
3 100watt hella lights on westin winch tray / light bar and HID in all factory lights with hi 6 mod, allows all 6 HID bulbs to be on when on hi beam. I kept the Hellas with a traditional halogen bulb for driving in snow storms, yellow light seems to give better visibility then the blue in precipitation. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362007725.100528.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362007755.201196.jpg
Great place for aux switches on latest Chevys ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362007842.552490.jpg

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when you load that sled up and squat the ass end like that, do you bother to adjust those HID headlights to compensate?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^nope but i do make sure my airbags recieve some more air to give it the factory rake again! and sometimes i get really nice and adjust the light bar down a bit

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked around for Baja Designs and no luck around here. Anywhere else would cost a fortune to get shipped. IOR has their ZBAR's with the recessed LED, but its upwards of $1000 (seems a bit ridiculous), before its shipped.

Found a Rigid 20" SR for less than 5 bills, so I'll probably end up doin that.

Jared, how was your install, did the cradle the bar came with work well in that bumper cut out or did you have to fab something to get it to work? Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate the help.

I sell the lights and so does Hrtoffroad! the stryker series is very similar to rigid sr series in price but dominates them in performance. I had no problems at all the mount fit nicely and bolted in very easily.

jamiepenney

Reaction score
So when you load that sled up and squat the ass end like that, do you bother to adjust those HID headlights to compensate?

They're pointed down plenty to start. This truck isn't used much except for haulin loads, I'm from a remote area, no paved highways. In a 1000km journey out of town I may passed half a dozen vehicles and within a year I think I have only been flashed twice. On the topic of HID, it seems some dont bother me head on and then there are those that are blinding, I'm wondering how many people are also running the 55 watt rather then the lower 35 watt. HID will be removed when I can get a led bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk here in Labrador

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the F150 guys doing for more light....starting from scratch again...

Top Bottom