What do you guys do to prepare for commitment and fear?

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
When you are getting ready to hit a big jump, tackle a long rocky chute, or make a big cliff drop, how do you prepare yourself to get past your fear, and commit to it?

I'm having problems with commitment when hitting a jump,(dang self-preservation instinct) and i want to get past it.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chances are you should of started this at a younger age....we all get to the bin there done that stage and force ourselves to feel we can still do it and it scares the sh&t out of you.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you are getting ready to hit a big jump, tackle a long rocky chute, or make a big cliff drop, how do you prepare yourself to get past your fear, and commit to it?

I'm having problems with commitment when hitting a jump,(dang self-preservation instinct) and i want to get past it.
If you are having to force yourself into doing it then it is only a matter of time until you hesitate at a critical time which usually has serious consequences.
Like the others have said start small and try to work up enough confidence and skill for bigger stuff.
Or listen to your instincts and just marvel at the ones that are defying the odds.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are having to force yourself into doing it then it is only a matter of time until you hesitate at a critical time which usually has serious consequences.
Like the others have said start small and try to work up enough confidence and skill for bigger stuff.
Or listen to your instincts and just marvel at the ones that are defying the odds.

I think you said it best catinthehat. fear is a natural reflex and best be listened to. Starting small builds your skill and confidence then you can gradually progress. If you can't get past the small stuff then like catinthehat says. Just marvel at the ones that can.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flapper to the bar and hope for the best....God hates a coward!!

Then again he doesn't take kindly to idiots either!! LOL

Just push yourself a bit at a time. With the bad snow last year I didn't get a good chance to get my comfort level back again after being out the sport for a few years, let alone find out what a new machine could do versus my 02 Renegade. This year with good snow I found I was over riding it. Once I let the sled do what it's designed for my skill level increased dramatically and having the most fun with the technical riding.

Most important...trust your gut!
Good luck!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't remember which one it was but in an old Slednecks movie a guy has a sticker on his sled that says "hit it pussy" I think of that.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hang on and mash the flipper till you see God!

Or start small, build confidence and technique - both in how to land and how to crash/bail without getting hurt too bad. Build it up from there.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two quotes I say out loud just before I hit something big. One was already mentioned. "God hates a coward" and "He who hesitates masturbates". The second you think twice or hesitate you will most likely wipe out. You have to be confident. Start small and go big. Remember it's all about throttle control! You have to beee the sled! lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2a95b6f8c4b11a44713e2e0498a35454.jpg

Top Bottom