Reaction score
Added a creek crossing depth gauge.

Duck starts swimming

Pin it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433628141.987151.jpg

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have to say there is no such thing as a 27 inch " real mud tire" . Real mud tires start at about 29.5 inchs.... Just sayin.

I guess my silverbacks aren't real mud tires. I wonder what we should call them. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call them whatever you want ..lol. The point is with a 27 inch tire it really does not matter what kinda tire treads you have . If you are high centered , bigger lugs won't help. A "real " mud tire is pretty well 30 inchs or more now a days... No insult intended . Just the ruts are deeper , and the 27 inch tires are simply not tall enough any more to give you the ground clearance needed...if you are really serious about mudding , you are running a 30 (+\-) tire....
With any 27 inch tire, it is not a "real mud setup" ...imo

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes ruts are big even with my 30 inch tires.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433637766.149158.jpg

yama_dude

Reaction score
Call them whatever you want ..lol. The point is with a 27 inch tire it really does not matter what kinda tire treads you have . If you are high centered , bigger lugs won't help. A "real " mud tire is pretty well 30 inchs or more now a days... No insult intended . Just the ruts are deeper , and the 27 inch tires are simply not tall enough any more to give you the ground clearance needed...if you are really serious about mudding , you are running a 30 (+\-) tire....
With any 27 inch tire, it is not a "real mud setup" ...imo

Actually I turn up my shocks for more clearance and my side lugs have awesome grab in deep ruts where I drag bottom.
I ride with a lot of people with 30's or larger and there is not too many places they can go that I cant. I just don't get threw as easily. Tons of people use 27" MUD tires... Your opinion on this is pretty wrong IMO

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I turn up my shocks for more clearance and my side lugs have awesome grab in deep ruts where I drag bottom.
I ride with a lot of people with 30's or larger and there is not too many places they can go that I cant. I just don't get threw as easily. Tons of people use 27" MUD tires... Your opinion on this is pretty wrong IMO
That's fine , it's just MY opinion.... Try some 30's you might change your mind....lol

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4" lift with 27" tires will go just about anywhere. It's all about ground clearance. If your high centered your done.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4" lift with 27" tires will go just about anywhere. It's all about ground clearance. If your high centered your done.

yup ground clearance is key, but I will take the thirty tires over the same set up 27's any day. and no I won't be ever running no black achey breakey heavy momba's. lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Removed the rear hitch. Seems to have bent.

Not sure why.

yama_dude

Reaction score
yup ground clearance is key, but I will take the thirty tires over the same set up 27's any day. and no I won't be ever running no black achey breakey heavy momba's. lol

Its called throttle control but I guess that's hard for some people to do...
no need for tons of wheel spin with these puppies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom