What clicker do you need to pull 7900 rpm at 7000 ft?

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Hi all, we had 3 Xmas out last week and the two with stock cans would pull 7900+ all day on clicker 3. The one with a can needed clicker 4 to pull the same rpm. Reading the posts on here most guys are running clicker 4 with A can. Is the extra noise and lose of weight worth losing hp?

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you see it as loosing hp 7900 rpm on clicker 3 is the same as 7900 rpm on clicker 4 or am I missing something?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we had 3 Xmas out last week and the two with stock cans would pull 7900+ all day on clicker 3. The one with a can needed clicker 4 to pull the same rpm. Reading the posts on here most guys are running clicker 4 with A can. Is the extra noise and lose of weight worth losing hp?
the way i understand it you are correct in your assessment .The higher you go the less HP you have so you change the clickers .If sled A pulls full rpm on 3 and sled B doesn't but is on the same clicker then sled A has more HP!!what kind of can was It?????

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way i understand it you are correct in your assessment .The higher you go the less HP you have so you change the clickers .If sled A pulls full rpm on 3 and sled B doesn't but is on the same clicker then sled A has more HP!!what kind of can was It?????

What happens if sled A has Sheldon Cooper on it and sled B has WWE the Big Show on it?

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this being said is a guy better off to run a lower clicker at lower rpms or a higher clicker at the max rpm?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this being said is a guy better off to run a lower clicker at lower rpms or a higher clicker at the max rpm?

stock clutching/ramps works best in 3/4. Any lower, to shallow, any higher, too steep. The TRA doesn't do a great job with light pin weight and the arms do not like to shift out as well with a lower clicker.

That being said, every sled and every rider is different. There is no perfect setting that someone can tell you it will work at. There are base lines to work from then adjust from there. Plus during break in there tends to be a little rpm fluctuation. The belt is breaking in, the track is stretching, the motor is breaking in, rider is getting used to the sled...

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Best to run whatever clicker you make your desired RPM at.
I like to tune the clutch to run on #3. IE at elevation, engine doing what it should on a normal day clutch is on 3. Run around home, may need to clicker down to load the engine more so I don't go over 9k.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 12 x with a mbrp at elevation I pull max rpms on 3 it works good. Thanks for the explanation

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score

From what I understand your rpm is based on how much power you are applying to the clutch. The etech maxs max power is at 7900 rpm. If at full throttle you are pulling less than 7900 rpm than you do not have enough power to pull that clutch setting so you need to change the ramp angle by increasing the clicker.

like was mentioned earlier as you go up in elevation there is less oxygen therefor you have less combustion energy and need to increase your clicker to keep the engine in its sweet spot. I can defiantly tell you that the climbing ability between 7700 and 7900 max rpm is night and day. At 7900 rpm the sled lifts out of the snow and is unstoppable. At 7700 it is much better than my 08 was at the ideal rpm but was more of a tractor and will get stuck more easily.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clicker 5 for me with mbrp can 6000-8000. im 40lbs heavier than my riding buddy who is on 4.

as long as your on 3-5 no need to worry about changing anything. and it does not mean your lower on hp.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clicker 5 for me with mbrp can 6000-8000. im 40lbs heavier than my riding buddy who is on 4.

as long as your on 3-5 no need to worry about changing anything. and it does not mean your lower on hp.
All things being equal one sled would have less HP

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats just it. ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL. is your belt deflection set the same to the mm as the other sled? track tension? exhaust canss etc. lots of variables. also lets say all cans gain or lose 0 hp. i am willing to bet that the dyno chart for can a b and c are slightly different as far as hp and torque are concerned throughout the rpm ranges. if we were talking stock cans with the same rider clicker 4 vs 5 perhaps there may be a problem

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Next time you are out, you should swap cans between the two ... sled to sled and compare. I would be interested to see the result for sure.

Top Bottom