What can I do to a 99 formula dlx 670?

freezeberry

Reaction score
This sled has a 121" track with tiny 3/4" lugs and I think it has bearing issue. It has trouble going over 80 km/hr and seems the track shifts a bit in corners. Sowhen i rebuild i would like to extend and modify a little. Question is what to do, Any suggestions? Want a to make a good all round sled, with alittle more go. thanks guys and happy sledding in 09/10.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
This sled has a 121" track with tiny 3/4" lugs and I think it has bearing issue. It has trouble going over 80 km/hr and seems the track shifts a bit in corners. Sowhen i rebuild i would like to extend and modify a little. Question is what to do, Any suggestions? Want a to make a good all round sled, with alittle more go. thanks guys and happy sledding in 09/10.

Wifes has a 144" with 2" lugs and it goes...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What type of riding do you mainly do? 136" track is still good for the extra floatation etc, etc, but depends on what you mainly ride will determine what would be the best mods to get your all around good sled.

Cowboy151

Reaction score
With the speed issue I would start by removing the clutches and giving them a good cleaning. If you are going to stretch the skid, gearing might be in order thus offering a good time to confirm the condition of the chaincase bearings as well. If you go into a 136, rail extensions are a feasable way of gaining a larger footprint without altering the geometry on the skid. More info on the intended use would also be good for further suggestioins. Get'r'don'

freezeberry

Reaction score
Would like good all round sled. Something that can work well in the mts, do a little ditch banging around the city and ride the trails. Seems like it has no goand sometimes smell of burnt belt. When put in reverse sometimes hear grinding sounds and like I said it feels like the track shifts under the sled when turning and accelerating. Anyway one thing is I gotta change the track, so I ll start from there. Anything I need to know before I get started.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you might have either a broken driver ..maybe the bearings in your chaincase are pooched thus making your clutches work harder ...you ever look at your skid frame ??

stick in the air and wind it up frontwards then backwards ....should be able to see right away where it is giving you grief

finger that out first then we'll chat about more performance

Top Bottom