What battery is best

Bryan

Reaction score
I need new batteries for my holiday trailer, what is the best way to go??
two 6 V or two 12 Volt??:confused:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
2 6Volt Battery's is a way better way. Go to Interstate Batteries on 156St and 112 Ave they will explain, and sell you a great battery.

The 6 volt batteries tend to have more amp hours than the 12 volt ones. Since there are fewer cells, the plates inside the cells can be thicker which means less chance of warping / breakage of the plates as well. They tend to be able to withstand more cycles (discharge / recharge) than a 12 volt battery does.

When it comes down to it, if you already have a new 12 volt battery in your rig and just want to add another, you are $ ahead to just get another 12 volt battery. If you boondock a lot and the current battery is old or weak, then replacing it with a pair of fresh 6 volt batteries will be cost effective for you.

Here is some more info

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, 2 - 6volts hooked in series rather than parallel, if you have the room for the bigger 6 volts...... I run 2 - 12volts and have never had a problem........

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 of the 6 volts. I just picked up a solar panel and voltage controller, both on sale, at C-tire. Sweet!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Re: What did you do this weekend?

In my sled trailer and RV I run 2 - Interstate 6Volt RV batteries in a series making 12V, a GO POWER 110 watt Solar Panel, GO POWER 2500 Watt Inverter, GO POWER Converter so when you plug in trailer its then will charge if you've used to much power. I had only one issue, the trailer was not charging from the truck while driving as I had a broken line. Otherwise Its virtually maintenance free and its an awesome system. This may be a tad pricey but its the best system on the market.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what was the sale price???

$79.99 for the solar panel and $34.99 to $39.99 I think it was for the controller. Panel is usually $99. Read lots of reviews and this system seemed to work well for many people when dry camping. Simple but effective, and you can add more panels if you want more power.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some great info on 12V systems. Used this for my enclosed too.:d

Bryan

Reaction score
A great site about batteries, Thanks
With winter around the corner I will purchase new batts in the spring.

Top Bottom