What Avy Pack?

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently have a bca float throttle 22 pack. I like it except for the fact that it doesn't have external holders for my shovel and probe. Previously I just used a Klim nac pac which had external holders that made accessing my shovel very easy. Which avy pack do you guys recommend that has this feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow pulse avy vest pro, think it's 22 or 25 l

All the pack weight is at the bottom, nothing on the straps

Most comfortable thing I have ever worn

sent while drinking tea's

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
I went with the snowpulse highmark pro. No regrets. Great bag. Lots of storage. External shovel holder. The only down fall is the probe holder isn't external. It's got its own designated spot inside. I have a stealth 300 probe and it is tight to get it in.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BCA float 32.
It's a little big imo. gets heavy with stuff pretty quick and no external pockets for the essentials. Although it has an outer ish zipper pocket that can house the shovel and probe, just can't have the shovel in one piece or it sticks out too much.
Prob use it one more year then look at one of those vests.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like this one, although I have no experience and can't tell you how it works in a real situation. It feels mighty comfy on the back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks wicked!

I have been wearing snowpulse's first gen vest for a few years and prefer it over a pack. I like the built in armour and the comfort is great. It's light on storage but has enough room to pack your survival gear and all the day gear stays on the sled. The only things I don't like about it are the lack of the horseshoe bag system (new one has it) and it is warm on spring days (new one claims to run cooler).

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been using the snowpulse prime for 3 seasons. i find it heavy. at the end of the day my neck and shoulders are killing me. i'm getting the spire.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try them all one and see what brand fits you the best as they all fit different for me the most natural feeling one was the ABS followed by the snowpulse
(i did not try any of the vest ones at the time ) buddy has the new BCA vest and really likes it

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the K2 bag (same as the float 22 you have) and to fight the problem i just put a second shovel on the back of my sled and have one in my bag. it is so so incredibly nice to have one on the sled that i never need to take my bag off. i run cat so i use there bag. Bags - Arctic Cat, Inc. » holds everything i need inside with the shovel on the outer part to make it super easy. wont wok for all but i for sure love.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the K2 bag (same as the float 22 you have) and to fight the problem i just put a second shovel on the back of my sled and have one in my bag. it is so so incredibly nice to have one on the sled that i never need to take my bag off. i run cat so i use there bag. Bags - Arctic Cat, Inc. » holds everything i need inside with the shovel on the outer part to make it super easy. wont wok for all but i for sure love.
I have one on me, external on my avy vest

And one on the tunnel bag external

I use the tunnel bag one for stucks and the pack one only if that day or time it's needed

Don't know why they don't pound it into your heads at avy courses that 2 are the way, so you never take your pack off just Incase a avy comes when stuck ect

sent while drinking tea's

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I like the idea of this! I would have to eliminate the bag I currently have on there though. Does the bag you're talking about fit much else other then the shovel?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the bca mountain pro vest. I only got it because it was free with my cat snow check last year. I got a bca external shovel pouch which made a huge difference for storage. It's kind of heavy when loaded up but the vest helps distribute the weight through my torso instead if all pulling down on my shoulders like a tradiontal pack. But after a minute of being on the machine I don't notice weight anyway. I'm happy with it but if I was going to be buying a new one I would definitely see what else is out there.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of this! I would have to eliminate the bag I currently have on there though. Does the bag you're talking about fit much else other then the shovel?

mine fits a lot early season i had a spare belt lunch for my hot pit couple gatorade bottles and my bunjee in there with a spare set of gloves. was a tight fit but held everything in place. would never get another bag even if i went to doo or the pro. love it so much.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
I have the Snow pulse avi vest in black that I wore last season have a new one coming make me a reasonable offer and it's yours it's in great shape.
Eric

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons BCA chooses not to have external shovel holders as a standard item is the idea that it holds snow and in a slide situation it is not a smooth surface and could add a little drag.

The ideal set up is a shovel on your sled as well and never a reason to remove your pack.

I really like my BCA MTN Pro vest. Distributes weight way better than my Float 22. Storage is less but I don't like a bunch of weight on my back.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons BCA chooses not to have external shovel holders as a standard item is the idea that it holds snow and in a slide situation it is not a smooth surface and could add a little drag.

The ideal set up is a shovel on your sled as well and never a reason to remove your pack.

I really like my BCA MTN Pro vest. Distributes weight way better than my Float 22. Storage is less but I don't like a bunch of weight on my back.

Thanks for clarifying that. I kinda wondered if there was a method to their madness. Such a pain in the ass to have to pull it out of the pack all the time. I think I'm gonna look into the AC tunnel bag mentioned earlier in this thread. Beats taking my pack of 30 times a day!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that. I kinda wondered if there was a method to their madness. Such a pain in the ass to have to pull it out of the pack all the time. I think I'm gonna look into the AC tunnel bag mentioned earlier in this thread. Beats taking my pack of 30 times a day!

It you are stuck that much in a day (30 times?), think about; another sled, loosing some weight, better skills, etc....lmao

Top Bottom