What Avy Pack?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
BCA 30 for me and it's always heavy but I leave with the knowledge that if I have to stay a night in the mountains I'm in pretty good shape for supplies.
Avy Shovel and Probe are a pain to get. I carry a cheap alum shovel for quick dig outs so I don't have to access backpack.

Sent from USS Enterprise NCC-1701

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BCA float 32.
It's a little big imo. gets heavy with stuff pretty quick and no external pockets for the essentials. Although it has an outer ish zipper pocket that can house the shovel and probe, just can't have the shovel in one piece or it sticks out too much.
Prob use it one more year then look at one of those vests.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I also have a Float 32. I actually prefer the shovel and probe inside the bag now that I have a season on it. A couple more external pockets would be nice. Im a big guy so it isnt a big deal about the size. Hold lots of stuff and seems to get lighter as the day goes.

I tried a SP vest for a day and it was ok but a bit too sweaty for me. I see they have a new float 32+7 model out

Oops i guess thats was ortovox

Last edited:

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a Float 32. I actually prefer the shovel and probe inside the bag now that I have a season on it. A couple more external pockets would be nice. Im a big guy so it isnt a big deal about the size. Hold lots of stuff and seems to get lighter as the day goes.

I tried a SP vest for a day and it was ok but a bit too sweaty for me. I see they have a new float 32+7 model out

Oops i guess thats was ortovox

I have that model for sale in the avy classifieds section, been used once or twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that. I kinda wondered if there was a method to their madness. Such a pain in the ass to have to pull it out of the pack all the time. I think I'm gonna look into the AC tunnel bag mentioned earlier in this thread. Beats taking my pack of 30 times a day!

Why are you using your shovel to get unstuck? Much quicker and easier ways unless you ride a yamaha!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons BCA chooses not to have external shovel holders as a standard item is the idea that it holds snow and in a slide situation it is not a smooth surface and could add a little drag.

The ideal set up is a shovel on your sled as well and never a reason to remove your pack.

I really like my BCA MTN Pro vest. Distributes weight way better than my Float 22. Storage is less but I don't like a bunch of weight on my back.

Maybe true for their skiing specific bags.
But their snowmobile specific bag definitely has the external shovel holder as that is where I ride with my shovel all the time.

https://youtu.be/15zdQ41ldXo

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe true for their skiing specific bags.
But their snowmobile specific bag definitely has the external shovel holder as that is where I ride with my shovel all the time.

https://youtu.be/15zdQ41ldXo

Didn't you see it's called the turbo. For turbo guys who get stuck all the time lol

So would you say the BCA MTN PRO vest is not a snowmobile specific bag? It does not come with an external shovel holder. You can add it.

I remember BCA saying something about adding external carriers after complaints by sledders. I do not believe it is across their product line though.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't you see it's called the turbo. For turbo guys who get stuck all the time lol

So would you say the BCA MTN PRO vest is not a snowmobile specific bag? It does not come with an external shovel holder. You can add it.

I remember BCA saying something about adding external carriers after complaints by sledders. I do not believe it is across their product line though.

I'd call it a vest not a bag lol

Top Bottom