what are the m1 like

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a m1 today I was just wondering how they are for reliabilaty and is 6500 for a 2008 with 101 hrs a good deal .

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a m1 today I was just wondering how they are for reliabilaty and is 6500 for a 2008 with 101 hrs a good deal .

i'm not a cat man but that price seems pretty high for a 3 year old sled with that many hours on it. I know you can get left over 2010 models for under 10 grand.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not a cat man but that price seems pretty high for a 3 year old sled with that many hours on it. I know you can get left over 2010 models for under 10 grand.

How is that too high when your average 2000-2003 goes for $2000-$4000? This guy obviously doesnt have $10,000 to spend or he would be looking for opinions on a brand new sled. I think that's a good price. But just like any used sled, rebuild the top end as soon as you can, inspect the crank, and bleed the oil pump then she'll be good for a few more seasons.

mudderbike

Reaction score
if it has upwards of 3000 miles, better do a top end asap, the piston ring locator pins come loose at that kind of mileage and do big, costly damage. inspect APV valve cables, might need replacing. Other then that they are pretty good for reliability, just do top ends on time.

sleliuk1

Reaction score

I want to find out where this dealership is that you can get a new 2010 M1000 for under 10 grand. Please tell me.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
I want to find out where this dealership is that you can get a new 2010 M1000 for under 10 grand. Please tell me.

Gordo's Arctic Cat had a new (with warranty) 2009 M1000 for $9999 week before last. He's who I bought my M1000 from.

Suggest buying 'Y' pipe and exhaust canister immediately as the stock units are made restrictive for emissions purposes. Muffler weighs about 26# and sound like sh*t, Y pipe is an instant 9-11bhp!

There are many threads on this subject.

Unless you want the second fastest sled made the M800s are almost as good with their shorter 153" tracks ...

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Gordo's Arctic Cat had a new (with warranty) 2009 M1000 for $9999 week before last. He's who I bought my M1000 from.

Suggest buying 'Y' pipe and exhaust canister immediately as the stock units are made restrictive for emissions purposes. Muffler weighs about 26# and sound like sh*t, Y pipe is an instant 9-11bhp!

There are many threads on this subject.

Unless you want the second fastest sled made the M800s are almost as good with their shorter 153" tracks ...

yeah 2009, buddy said 2010 for under 10. I don't think so. And M8's come in 162's as well.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of one holdover 09 M1000 under $10,000. Wasn't a Sno Pro. It's in my buddies garage. If I could have found another one, I would have bought it.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
I know the M8s come with 153 or 162". Longer track uses more hp

The 09s have a much lighter track and are 20# lighter because of airshocks, 08s have rear air shock except for snopro.

AC shocks are using AIR and can be adjusted stiffer with tire pump. Understand that the Polaris shocks use Nitrogen or some other gas?

I paid $8999 for my new (with warranty) 2008 M1000

Ted

sleliuk1

Reaction score
I know the M8s come with 153 or 162". Longer track uses more hp

The 09s have a much lighter track and are 20# lighter because of airshocks, 08s have rear air shock except for snopro.

AC shocks are using AIR and can be adjusted stiffer with tire pump. Understand that the Polaris shocks use Nitrogen or some other gas?

I paid $8999 for my new (with warranty) 2008 M1000

Ted

My 08 sno pro has fox float air shocks all the way around. I also know how the tire pump works. Thanks. When did you buy your 08 M1000 for $8999? Thats the non sno pro one i'm assuming. Also AIR is mostly made up of nitrogen.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AC shocks are using AIR and can be adjusted stiffer with tire pump. Understand that the Polaris shocks use Nitrogen or some other

we've already had a thread to prove the non sense rumors of how much greater pure nitrogen is. Also your not going to gain 9-11 HP with a y-pipe. My buddy runs a dyno and said there are no power gains with a y-pipe and there's power loss with a can. The power is made in the design of the pipe it's self on how well it it flows, but still impulses unburnt fuel back into the combustion chamber.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
My 08 sno pro has fox float air shocks all the way around. I also know how the tire pump works. Thanks. When did you buy your 08 M1000 for $8999? Thats the non sno pro one i'm assuming. Also AIR is mostly made up of nitrogen.

Bought my M1000 last in December last winter. There was an 08 sno-pro for sale, used, for $500 more. Gordo had quite a few deals last year and this year.

Ted

RTTTTed

Reaction score
we've already had a thread to prove the non sense rumors of how much greater pure nitrogen is. Also your not going to gain 9-11 HP with a y-pipe. My buddy runs a dyno and said there are no power gains with a y-pipe and there's power loss with a can. The power is made in the design of the pipe it's self on how well it it flows, but still impulses unburnt fuel back into the combustion chamber.

I already wrote about the emissions reason for the factory to instal a restrictive manifold - sort of a C pipe. I'm never said that any sled would gain 9-11bhp from a pipe except an M1000. The other comments were made by an idiot. The two manifolds don't look the same. As an Arctic Cat dealer about using the Y pipe. The canister only made a slight difference (reported to be 3-4bhp.

I actually started with a stock C pipe and went to the Y because it was advised that it would bump the power. It made a HUGE difference.

My buddy doesn't own a dyno, he owns an M1000. When you can feel a large differnce in power - you don't need a dyno.

Some people may LIKE the crappy sound of the stock 24# muffler - good for them. I hated it and had to upgrade the power of the twin to what my nearly stock 1000 triple had. Being that teh M8s are limited to only about 80mph and the new M1000s are limited to 95mph was disappointing.

Ted

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I already wrote about the emissions reason for the factory to instal a restrictive manifold - sort of a C pipe. I'm never said that any sled would gain 9-11bhp from a pipe except an M1000. The other comments were made by an idiot. The two manifolds don't look the same. As an Arctic Cat dealer about using the Y pipe. The canister only made a slight difference (reported to be 3-4bhp.

I actually started with a stock C pipe and went to the Y because it was advised that it would bump the power. It made a HUGE difference.

My buddy doesn't own a dyno, he owns an M1000. When you can feel a large differnce in power - you don't need a dyno.

Some people may LIKE the crappy sound of the stock 24# muffler - good for them. I hated it and had to upgrade the power of the twin to what my nearly stock 1000 triple had. Being that teh M8s are limited to only about 80mph and the new M1000s are limited to 95mph was disappointing.

Ted

Joey?? That you??

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being that teh M8s are limited to only about 80mph and the new M1000s are limited to 95mph was disappointing.

Ted

well i cant comment on the M1000s but my 09 M8 went faster than 80mph and thats before i did all my mods

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not going to lower my comments to someone elses level, Ive already had posts deleted for speaking my mind about someone

Top Bottom