what are the m1 like

crowsfeet

Reaction score
I really don't think that i could be the only one out there who's actually kind of entertained by these threads. Quite humourous in my opinion... nah maybe I am the only one

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I already wrote about the emissions reason for the factory to instal a restrictive manifold - sort of a C pipe. I'm never said that any sled would gain 9-11bhp from a pipe except an M1000. The other comments were made by an idiot. The two manifolds don't look the same. As an Arctic Cat dealer about using the Y pipe. The canister only made a slight difference (reported to be 3-4bhp.

I actually started with a stock C pipe and went to the Y because it was advised that it would bump the power. It made a HUGE difference.

My buddy doesn't own a dyno, he owns an M1000. When you can feel a large differnce in power - you don't need a dyno.

Some people may LIKE the crappy sound of the stock 24# muffler - good for them. I hated it and had to upgrade the power of the twin to what my nearly stock 1000 triple had. Being that teh M8s are limited to only about 80mph and the new M1000s are limited to 95mph was disappointing.

Ted

Seriously? Your kidding right? What makes the M1000 engine so much more of an engineering marvel, in which it is soooo greatly affected by a Y-pipe?

And I can't see a "C-pipe" ever working. Call me crazy but I think a "C" only has 2 points, and a "Y" has 3. Hmmm.. Exhaust has to come out somewhere.

You should Invest in some monster stickers. Guaranteed 5hp per inch in size. thats better than a y-pipe AND you dont have to open your hood to show anyone!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Your kidding right? What makes the M1000 engine so much more of an engineering marvel, in which it is soooo greatly affected by a Y-pipe?

And I can't see a "C-pipe" ever working. Call me crazy but I think a "C" only has 2 points, and a "Y" has 3. Hmmm.. Exhaust has to come out somewhere.

You should Invest in some monster stickers. Guaranteed 5hp per inch in size. thats better than a y-pipe AND you dont have to open your hood to show anyone!

Yeah, I'm baffled as to what this C-pipe looks like, and where on earth this clown gets his numbers and radical ideas. The M1000 is so awesome that... that.... cat barely even makes it anymore lol. Notice the 7 (accounting for SP, non SP, LE, and each track length) different M8 variations, and the 1 M1000 model? They're finicky machines for the guy that likes to tinker. Not for me. My M8 has much more seat-of-the-pants feel and is twice as rideable as a result of the million pound difference.

Top Bottom