What are the best hotels in Valemount to stay at?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what kind of experience you are after. If you dont mind paying Varda 20$ a day to go ride on a hill jam packed with 500sleds,, then sit around in a hot tub with 20dudes lip jackin, then stay at the super8,, best western,,, what ever all the same..

But if you are open minded,,cool(very important),, and want to do some true back country riding with out the crowds, my advice is to get on the phone, call around to some of the Local riders with bed and breakfests.. Make friends with these people, drink some whiskey with them,, maybe smoke some weed... Next thing you know your riding places you have never heard off that are awesome. Plus have a shop and tools to work on your junk if needed. and plus you will have made some new local friends

Depends on you I guess... If you want me to point you in the right direction PM me or something... If not have fun at the super 8 with all the other clowns...lol

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what kind of experience you are after. If you dont mind paying Varda 20$ a day to go ride on a hill jam packed with 500sleds,, then sit around in a hot tub with 20dudes lip jackin, then stay at the super8,, best western,,, what ever all the same..

But if you are open minded,,cool(very important),, and want to do some true back country riding with out the crowds, my advice is to get on the phone, call around to some of the Local riders with bed and breakfests.. Make friends with these people, drink some whiskey with them,, maybe smoke some weed... Next thing you know your riding places you have never heard off that are awesome. Plus have a shop and tools to work on your junk if needed. and plus you will have made some new local friends

Depends on you I guess... If you want me to point you in the right direction PM me or something... If not have fun at the super 8 with all the other clowns...lol

Deet deet deetle deetle deet deet, deet deet deetle deetle deet deet
Good idea about supporting the smaller B&B's and cabins but why slam Varda? Not everyone wants to or is even capable of off the map riding.
Valemount has some awesome areas to ride besides the groomed areas for sure. Hiring a local guide is another way to get out there. Snowfarmers is a good place to find a guide as well

Thegeneral

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deet deet deetle deetle deet deet, deet deet deetle deetle deet deet
Good idea about supporting the smaller B&B's and cabins but why slam Varda? Not everyone wants to or is even capable of off the map riding.
Valemount has some awesome areas to ride besides the groomed areas for sure. Hiring a local guide is another way to get out there. Snowfarmers is a good place to find a guide as well

Thegeneral

Not slaming Varda and you are right not every one is capable of riding off the map. some people like having the security of a managed area and lots of other people around.

Some times I even like to hit the managed areas and when i do i pay for my pass and have no problem with that.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at most of the above mentioned, I have also stayed at the willow Burl cabins. They are just south of town about 5 miles. Awsome set up. 3 guys per cabin $50:00 each. Clean, new, Sat TV, Kitchen. Awesome drying room for your gear. good Parking. We take a couple of oven meals and put the timer on the stove and when we arrive back good to go. they have a web site. We don't do the bar scene so being out of town a few miles is no prob. We come to town to fuel up when required and then settle in for meal and a few nips at the Cabins.

ScottPruden

Reaction score
Summit river lodge !! Treat us like family every time we go! Stayed in total 24 days last season and headed feb4-12 for another good visit!!

Top Bottom