what are good areas to sled around peachland or kelowna?

..Kurt

Reaction score
what are some good sledding areas around peachland summerland or kelowna??

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Greystokes is close buy kinda mellow riding,Sicamous and Revy are within a couple hours!
catmando!

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I live in Summerland now and peachland 10 years ago. family riding only on the westside of the lake with forestry roads and some lakes to hit. no grooming of any sort. Greystokes on east side of kelowna is decent but no alpine, no hillclimbs. think of whitecourt for comparison. 300 k of sub alpine trails and awesome meadows when the pow is deep. well groomed most of the time
If you are like me I head to Revy almost every weekend for the steep and deep. the hills start at sicamous but it gets less snow than revy and is limited other than Eagles for hillclimb terrain. good boondocking though.
Safe sleddin
RS

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the couquahlla aint that far away a little of every thig 2 play in love that area

Attachments

• Picture 562.jpg
    Picture 562.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 561.jpg
    Picture 561.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 56

vendetta

Reaction score
anybody ever sled up at apex mountian near Penticton. My brother in law has a cabin there and we went to look at the mountian this summer and it shows there is sledding there. but how much and is it just trail rideing???

thanks for any info

Rob

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I usually sled in Revy Sat and come home to ski with the kids at Apex on sundays. We have sledded there in the past but no real deep pow, and lots of rocks in the back bowls. But you can sled its just the quality is less than ideal. You will see lots (20) of sleds in the upper parking lot any sunday but not a lot of areas to go other than some logging roads. Only good thing is Apex is somewhat sled friendly in the province as the owners sled and have no problem with sledders riding near the resort or even coming through the village on sleds to the establishments.
RS

Top Bottom