What 2stroke oil are you using??

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm using the brp full synth, thinking of going to Amsoil. cheaper.

what is everyone else using?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
thats a terrific question.. i cannot speak intellegently on it.. but i think someone must be able too

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm using the brp full synth, thinking of going to Amsoil. cheaper.

what is everyone else using?

The old boy just bought a case of amoil full syn, let me know if you want some. Guess he is gonna give it shot, myself i got 5 more rides and i am out, gonna try royal purple syn.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use nothing but quality oil, semi synthetic BRP or Amsoil (but not mixed oils)in the rev and xp, but only used mineral oil in my 02 summit. Still have the 02 with over 10,000KM on the complete ORIGINAL motor. Actually my younger brother has the sled and runs the bag off it at the farm. I've gone through three motors under gentle use with the synthetics. My older brother uses ONLY junk ESSO farmer 2 stroke oil and is yet to pop a motor or even do a top end and we have always had the same sleds and put on the same miles, mine might see a bit more abuse. Sorry but I don't hold much stock in the oil hype.:nono: If i pop one more motor I'm taking the Esso route.:cool::d:twocents: And just to be clear he does less maitenance than me. He is yet to pull a power valve to clean it.

Last edited:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go into Canadian tire and buy the Shell Ultra Full Synthetic for about $38 a gallon every time it goes on sale. (or maybe regular $38 and on sale for $25, cant remember). It is quality oil. Can't remember if it's called ultra, premium, whatever. The green jug. I usually buy 4 or 5 when it's on sale and I'm good for the season. Lots of people run it. No problems with the RAVE valves, nice and clean.

Top Bottom