west castle

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has rode west castle this year and if its decent enough to ride.

blew

Reaction score
Ya we went out today and it was pretty good!! The new snow this past week has really helped.

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
It was awesome today.
Mounties were out in full force though and today was "warning" day; tomorrow they will be out again with ticket books in hand. 32 (5).png

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya good question I have never seen them out there?Looking to go friday for a poke?? any updates looks warm
Ya wondering the same thing the wife wants to go for a ride on Saturday. Just wondering what the conditions are like in the area.

alberta73

Reaction score
Been to castle twice recently, two saturdays ago and this past saturday. Lots of guys there this past weekend, snow is decent not lots of fresh but a good base. Kind of thin in wind blown areas playing up around on top of middle kootney pass and trail in is getting rough. Needs a good dump for sure. There's still some fun places in the trees that are not too touched but you have to know where to look. Up and over middle kootney down into BC across the flathead you get into more snow but you have to traverse avalanche alley which I never like.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to castle twice recently, two saturdays ago and this past saturday. Lots of guys there this past weekend, snow is decent not lots of fresh but a good base. Kind of thin in wind blown areas playing up around on top of middle kootney pass and trail in is getting rough. Needs a good dump for sure. There's still some fun places in the trees that are not too touched but you have to know where to look. Up and over middle kootney down into BC across the flathead you get into more snow but you have to traverse avalanche alley which I never like.

any debris in the alley? I assume some has ripped down already?

thanks for update may have to go friday.... it looks sunny and maybe a fluff of snow tonight coming

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you are gonna go that far...you may as well just stage at the mine and be in better snow all the way. I haven't been to the Flathead area for 3 weeks now, but it was a little thin back then...not sure how much snow they've got from the last couple of systems??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road the north koot lost lake area last weekend snow was pretty setup but we managed to ride fresh tracks all over that area went back into a few of our local stash spots and seemed to be about knee to waist deep so all in all a fun day until the parking lot were the fish cops were waiting for people. I'll be riding castle this weekend if anyone is up for a ride and if u need a place to crash please dont hesitate to pm me I got a huge house with just myself in it located about 5 minutes from beaver mines

alberta73

Reaction score
any debris in the alley? I assume some has ripped down already?

thanks for update may have to go friday.... it looks sunny and maybe a fluff of snow tonight coming

three weekends ago a small area of debris over the trail, last saturday a pretty big area of debris over the trail and into the trees below a fair ways. With it being as warm as it is today and this weekend those slopes face E/SE I think so would not be surprized if there is even more. Could be risky crossing it mid day

alberta73

Reaction score
If you are gonna go that far...you may as well just stage at the mine and be in better snow all the way. I haven't been to the Flathead area for 3 weeks now, but it was a little thin back then...not sure how much snow they've got from the last couple of systems??

We often go that way but it's almost 2 hours driving to do that where as I can be at the castle parking lot in 45 minutes and there's some ok playing around getting to middle kootney.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots and lots of playing around on the way to middle this is were the best playing begins is just after that first lease site! lots of nice backways into middle koot and especially all the "hidden passes" into bc

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots and lots of playing around on the way to middle this is were the best playing begins is just after that first lease site! lots of nice backways into middle koot and especially all the "hidden passes" into bc

u riding castle tom,ora? I want too but snow looks not too fresh??? looks like sun!!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
three weekends ago a small area of debris over the trail, last saturday a pretty big area of debris over the trail and into the trees below a fair ways. With it being as warm as it is today and this weekend those slopes face E/SE I think so would not be surprized if there is even more. Could be risky crossing it mid day

ya for sure if the wind didnt take it all lol,,, thanks for the info

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no not riding on friday gotta work grrrrrrrr! yes very sunny and warm for the next week or so in the castle area so snow will not be fresh but pm me about riding on saturday I know a couple good hidden areas up in the north kootenay area that usually have good snow

Top Bottom