Well built RVs?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We love our Artic Fox 26x. Love all the room in the kitchen. It's our first trailer so have nothing to compare to. But if I buy again it will be a Artic Fox again for sure.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just sold our 2008 Jayco Jayflight last night. Not a single problem with it. Was awesome, but kids are growing, so now going into a 2013 Gulfstream Sky.
Love it already. Real wood doors, not hollow ones, beau flooring, porcelain toilet and amazing space.

Last edited:

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012-06-03_08-49-38-1.jpg
We just sold our 2008 Jayco Jayflight last night. Not a single problem with it. Was awesome, but kids are growing, so now going into a 2013 Gulfstream Sky.
Love it already. Real wood doors, not hollow ones, beau flooring, porcelain toilet and amazing space.
Oh yeah, the new one...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic fox/Nash are built tough and are good in quality. Anything built by outdoors Rv are good quality as well, same owners as AF/Nash. I'm very happy with my AF 22H. All trailers basically have the same appliances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I had a Jayco for 5 years and had no issues with it, and I abused it. Bought an Arctic Fox 26Z and absolutely love it... had it out camping a few times during the winter... coldest temperature I've had it out in was -35C and no issues other than the line to the rear sink freezing which was a quick fix. Very cozy in the winter

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch a keystone trailer with a 10 ft pole to many issues with the pos Springdale we had
x2!

Anything by Crossroads RV are also absolute junk. I have never seen such a poorly built trailer in my life as buddies Sunset Trail. You name it, it has gone wrong. And others I know that have them say the same thing.
My Tahoe has been ok but far from the quality of the Kustom Koach I had before (also built by Travelaire). It's really too bad they went tits up-they made some really good stuff. Pissed me off that Thor California went under 2 months after I bought my Tahoe. I got no warranty at all and there were some things on it that needed to be done after 4 months that had to come out of my pocket. I wasn't happy......

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch a keystone trailer with a 10 ft pole to many issues with the pos Springdale we had

I would have to agree, I almost bought a Springdale glad I never did... it was leaking and the dude still tried to sell it to me lol. I bought a Terry by Fleetwood its used but has lasted coming on 3 years now with no major issues, only little stuff like batteries, fuses. etc.

But another brand I would stay away from is Cherokee's, they are a lower end trailer. I would have to agree with a bunch of the people on here that Jayco makes very nice trailers, and even buying a 2012 24' your only looking at about 15 - 20 thousand.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can give a personal nod towards Jayco as well...I had a Jayflite and it was a good solid trailer. For powered units: Newmar and Tiffen are top names.

Discalimer: all trailers and mohos use the same crappy components...Sureflo, Dometic, Norcold, Atwood, Powergear...so even the best constructed RV's have issues with the components.

I total agree with the comments especially the Atwood and Dometic componnets ( they are crap )

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't price parts for appliances like crap though. I could have bough a LCD TV for what the circuit board in my fridge cost to replace.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad:That's the reality nowdays ..... pay lots of money for poorly built.. chicken wired, bubblegum, binder-twined, duct-taped, monkey wired trailer, so they are profitable trailer. They are all garbage except maybe airstream:confused: trailers. Those owners almost act like a cult so who knows about them:rolleyes:?

Yes the stealerships like to retire off of all purchases made at the (parts?) counter, and they even have low counters to help get you into position!:eek:

Reactions: LBZ

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Citation 5th wheel, it kicks azz in the coldest of weather. I have used it for work for a couple of winters. With the skirting it stays nice and cozy. It is built in Canada to withstand Canadian winters. After looking at one, you will see the difference. I have used mine in -25C weather unskirted and it was fine. The furnace just ran alot.

jayson

Reaction score
We had an arctic fox 5th wheel for three years and loved it, but we wanted a 5th wheel with bunk beds and a bunk door, we sold it privately and bought a used triple e topaz 5th wheel, from what i researched they are a quality canadian built 5th wheel. We really liked the citation corsair 5th wheels but I had a hard time justifying over 30g on a used one.

danmilton87

Reaction score
I own a 2011 cougar by keystone lived in it almost a year now no problems yet other then had a few mice get in solved that problem with steal wool and rodent repellent

NORDIC

Reaction score
Citation got my vote! Or sometimes a tent will do, no maintenance;)

Top Bottom