welding on 04 rev

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you have to disconnect to weld on the rear cap at the end of the tunnel? The rear cap is the piece where the mudflap attaches to. I don't want to fry any electrical. Thanks for the help.

RatedX

Reaction score
you shouldnt have to diconnect anything, just make sure you ground is close to where your welding and you'll be fine

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the ground is close to were you weld you will be fine. You would have to do something pretty stupid to fry or short something out. Its harder then you thing to short stuff out. Take it from me i am a welder who welds on trucks often.

evan3000

Reaction score
I thought the computer is just under the hood on a 04? it was on my 06 and would take about 12 seconds to disconnect it. also give a guy a chance to dielectric grease the connection and check for corrosion.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welded on my brother in laws 1000 sdi summit twice and no problems just keep the ground near the welding area like previously posted

Cowboy151

Reaction score
Glad to hear that I am not the only one having to weld the tunnel cap back on. Wish they had a complete rivet in assembly like they did on the mid 90's tunnels. Makes things much simpler. Who knew that the snowflap waggin' away would break that off.:beer:

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is Cowboy151, you can buy the rear cap and normal rivets right doo. Mine is on the way, $80.00 for everything. Alot cheaper than the older models. I have to weld mine because I'm trying to get out this weekend. Thanks for all the help guys.:beer::beer::beer:

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stated above, keep the ground close to where your welding and everything will be fine. Welded rear cap last night installed mudflap started, revs up, lights, reverse, hand and thumb warmers all work. Thanks :beer::beer::beer:

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out to golden last weekend, and everything worked great. Did not disconnect any wiring, just put the ground as close as possible to where I was welding. Just thought I would let everybody know.:beer:

Top Bottom