Weather warning for Fernie/Sparwood

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What is all being groomed in the Fernie area this year? Is Morissey staging are open again?

The usual. Coal Creek, around the summit and down to the Blueberry, back up to the Wrangler's via the McEvoy, through the Doug Dean trail to the Rolling Hills cabin and back down Coal Creek to town. On alternating nights, Matheson and Martin will also be done. Hartley Pass will be done on an "as needed basis".

We should be starting soon. I will check out the snow depths today and see if there is enough for the packing runs, filling in the creeks, and the setting of the trails.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The usual. Coal Creek, around the summit and down to the Blueberry, back up to the Wrangler's via the McEvoy, through the Doug Dean trail to the Rolling Hills cabin and back down Coal Creek to town. On alternating nights, Matheson and Martin will also be done. Hartley Pass will be done on an "as needed basis".

We should be starting soon. I will check out the snow depths today and see if there is enough for the packing runs, filling in the creeks, and the setting of the trails.
That Doug Dean guy must be a local icon? Lol.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch that highway today. Just got back from a brutal white knuckle drive to Sparwood and back. Nothing worse than an empty pickup on an icey road.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, Studded Nokian's work wonders. Elkford to Coal Creek was pretty icy but I didn't notice any slippage. The ditches were busy.

Ya, throwing some weight in the back would have helped too. I really should have taken the car! No....I really should have stayed at home!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's it looking down there guys? Couple of us are thinking about coming down next weekend??

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^this, I'd like to go down for a day on saturday and check things out :) I bring a Camera! anyone want a plus one?

That's a heck of a day trip haha. If we do go, feel free to tag along with us.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^this, I'd like to go down for a day on saturday and check things out :) I bring a Camera! anyone want a plus one?
why don't you wait a week and go the 14th. If the cold front moves its holding a band of snow right behind it and if the front moves soon it will hit us for sure but if it hangs on it will go north. the part that looks like a S will miss us into northern BC and down to Vale/mcbride area. if the front doesn't move by the weekend then only the rear blob at the 30 will hit revy or Fernie depending on the low pressure

Im betting that he front moves ad Fernie gets a dump possibly tues-thurs area and 30-60cms. Should know by Sat

Its a wait and see weekend

Attachments

• IGCM-04452013340.jpg
    IGCM-04452013340.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 200

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is what most look at. and that's a ugly high pressure system for sure. But the snow is just outside the left side waiting for us

Attachments

• Sys_Nat_Ton_rgb.jpg
    Sys_Nat_Ton_rgb.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 202

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why don't you wait a week and go the 14th. If the cold front moves its holding a band of snow right behind it and if the front moves soon it will hit us for sure but if it hangs on it will go north. the part that looks like a S will miss us into northern BC and down to Vale/mcbride area. if the front doesn't move by the weekend then only the rear blob at the 30 will hit revy or Fernie depending on the low pressure

Im betting that he front moves ad Fernie gets a dump possibly tues-thurs area and 30-60cms. Should know by Sat

Its a wait and see weekend

I have my Avy course in Vale that weekend :( but i think its gunna be parked this weekend. I dont want to load and start it in the cold haha. The reason for the day trip is I'm in calgary for the weekend and I had a free day on sat :)

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cold this weekend and I have to work and snow this week and I have next weekend off. Come on next weekend

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the whether man isn't right on and it seems bearable out we may head up sat afternoon and sunday. See how nippily it is tho.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure would love to have a weather warning about now.....maybe 40-60 cm, school's have a snow week,travel advisery no recommended etc....

Top Bottom