way to go oilers

sharkz

Reaction score
The only way the oilers are ever going to see the post season again is when they clean house there, and when they realize Rollie is only a good back-up netminder at best.

You really think that wow he actually gave me hope that they were going to make the playoffs half way through the year. If it wasnt for the bad giveaways for gilbert and mopst of the defense all year and maybe hemsky can pott some goals we are in. The goaltending was good imo. Who else is there if we didnt have rolli? Also who the heck thinks Horcoff is a first line center??? Dam and he will make 7 mill next yr? kevin lowe really screwed this team up for the next few years at least. GET RID OF THE OLD BOYS CLUB!!!!!! they are useless.

Thank you my rant is over... I hope:d:beer:

G

Guest1

kevin lowe really screwed this team up for the next few years at least. GET RID OF THE OLD BOYS CLUB!!!!!!

You probably think Messier would be better :rolleyes: Great or Good X NHL players don't neccessarily make Great/Good GM's and Coaches ... just look at GRETZKY for example and the YOTES ;) that is why IMO Lanny never was anything more than a marketing guy for the Flames or Bobby Orr was never in that position. I could go on and on but you get the point I hope :d :beer:

sharkz

Reaction score
You probably think Messier would be better :rolleyes: Great or Good X NHL players don't neccessarily make Great/Good GM's and Coaches ... just look at GRETZKY for example and the YOTES ;) that is why IMO Lanny never was anything more than a marketing guy for the Flames or Bobby Orr was never in that position. I could go on and on but you get the point I hope :d :beer:

LOL no way in hell messier would be my pick for a coach, Bring in Quinn or Nowlan. No more ex players

G

Guest1

LOL no way in hell messier would be my pick for a coach, Bring in Quinn or Nowlan. No more ex players

They won't play any better for Ted Nolan and I mentioned Messier re: GM as that is a rumour floating around.

OVER!!!

ps...Quinn is coming to Calgary if we get beat in the 1st round ;)

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the reason the Oilers lost was because of Shelodn Souray, rumor has was providing Frickin Bannock all year to the oilers. Not only were they getting fat and slow but it was laced with Indian spirits. Get rid of him and Horcoff he a real dead beat he could probably make the flames farm team once he sheds the bannock around his arse.:rant: Looser oilers...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My take is they have a great team with a piss poor coach.

Rollie the goalie held them in the race.

Hemsky is unreal talent wise, just a fragile personality.

Where was Gagne all season???

Comes down to coaching, Mc T has never seemed to be able to motivate the players, and they made way to many mental mistakes all year(every year).

Especailly when you lose 6 of 7 going into the playoffs.

Most coaches would never have lasted as long As Mc T.

Sutter all the way.

G

Guest1

My take is they have a great team with a piss poor coach. Most coaches would never have lasted as long As Mc T. Sutter all the way.

My take is they are a PISS poor team with PISS poor management and coaches that should have been changed out at the start of the season.

They will be a much better team next year with changes to the above and by adding some players. Will be interesting to see who comes in.

:beer:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if the sutters are the solution to the oils propblems??? but what do i know????:confused::confused:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get rid of some dead beats, coach is not the issue, he coaches what Kkevin Lowe gave him. I think they are 2-3 million under the salary cap and this is what they got out of the playoffs.
They got scewed by Lowe, not McT. Really look at Moreau, Pistani, Cogs, Hemski [under acheiver], Horky nuts [blurred vision cant see] but what do you expect with guys full of Bannock from Souray. Defence was so so, it was their offence they realy never got rollin like Rollison boy with out them they could have the first pick this summer. It was sick, choke, pukesh!t your pants.
Hey I am a fan of them but boy I p!ssed at them, I hate Calgary Stamplickers I dont think their going any place in the playoffs but at least they made it. Over an done here. Going to play cards with the boys:rolleyes:

G

Guest1

I hate Calgary Stamplickers I dont think their going any place in the playoffs but at least they made it.

:confused: They happen to be GC CHAMPS for 08 and Football season doesn't start for a few months..Thanks for calling ;)

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get rid of some dead beats, coach is not the issue, he coaches what Kkevin Lowe gave him. I think they are 2-3 million under the salary cap and this is what they got out of the playoffs.
They got scewed by Lowe, not McT. Really look at Moreau, Pistani, Cogs, Hemski [under acheiver], Horky nuts [blurred vision cant see] but what do you expect with guys full of Bannock from Souray. Defence was so so, it was their offence they realy never got rollin like Rollison boy with out them they could have the first pick this summer. It was sick, choke, pukesh!t your pants.
Hey I am a fan of them but boy I p!ssed at them, I hate Calgary Stamplickers I dont think their going any place in the playoffs but at least they made it. Over an done here. Going to play cards with the boys:rolleyes:

Hemsky an under achiever??? He has 65 points in 70 games and 25 years old.
Pisani and Cogliano are younger yet no confidence yet. He also missed 10 games with a concussion, that will slow you down.

When the team is grinding in the corners they are really good, just fragile.

They lose a close one and they fall apart for 5 or 6 games. That is bad coaching.

They need a high end playoff experienced veteran leader if they are going to go anywhere next year.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard that Tambellini is gone Macradish is new G.M and Joey Moss is new head coach, Sean Avery is coming to Edmonton for way too much money to join the the rest of the overpaid, no talent, under achieving oilers. The only one on the team that is worth keeping is Rolison and he did what he should of. Gave the oilers and there band wagon jumping fans exactly what they deserve after the way he was treated by them last season, a little bit of hope to make the playoffs then let it all come crashing down. Hopefully he sees the light and moves onto a team that has a future, not one that hangs onto it's pathetic past.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gawd darnnit, fricken oilers again missing the playoffs, when are they going to see that Mactarded is a drip and the only reason they went far a couple yrs ago was because of pronger and Rollie? GAHHHH I am soo freaking disappointed I am going to lose it. They need to get rid of the Old Boys Club and get some new blood in there !!!!

Pronger , Rollie , And peca is what i think you mean.. peca was there saving grace a few games with solo goals when the chips were down personally i think he was that last straw that broke most teams back in the play offs that year.

Top Bottom