Water/meth Injection

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been going over some of the post on here to see peoples experience with running a turbo on a etec.
I would love to do it, not for the huge power and blow the arms off the bars feeling but rather to get and maintain
200-220hp at elevation. I see on all kits, no one offer water/meth injection. I used to have a 2002 VW GTI 1.8T that
ran 8-10 lbs. of boost stock. after some work i ran 18-20 but seen some det. i put a Snowperformance water/meth
injection kit in and ran 24psi all day no issues what so ever. i realize this is a vw(4stroke) to a snowmobile(2stroke) but has anyone tried
to run a water/meth injection kit on a sled? this would bring down charge temps big time.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water to meth don't like 2 stroke. 4 stroke ya you could try it..
Injecting water into the bottom end won't help the rod and crank bearings. Compound the issues we are having already.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow dust wrecks pistons fast. A stream of water would be worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alcohol/meth... Knew a buddy who would run it when on nitrous to cool down the charge. He went through a couple Pistons but did get it figured out. Worked pretty wicked.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used water injection on my duramax diesel motor back in 2002 when we were racing it.. It worked dam good for dropping charge temps.. And seen a nice 75hp gain with a bug-spray mix on the dyno.. Bad thing is it also adds timing so it needs to moderated, if your tune Had timing advanced allready

Also ran strait water which added over 40hp and had it set to come on a pre set charge pressure.. It Dropped charge but Actually used so much water i needed to add a larger holding tank.. Went threw over thirty gallons pulling trailer in summer on one trip

as for two stroke Turbos all brands out there are using a somewhat of a water/alcohol (secondary fuel system) system allready by spraying in a fuel charge that is also dropping charge temps as a added bonus.. Aerocharger had tested the air temp difference and it was substantial from what I recall.. Maybe they could chum in here

not aware of our secondary fuel system washing lower rod bearings out, so don't buy that theory, if charge temps were a concern even with a secondary fuel system in place.. I would think the small injection of water would be vaporized before it would ever hurt engine oiling..

Maybe more of a problem from added timing like it caused in the diesel trucks..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan to try it this summer on the turbo maverick side by side where there is no current system in place and ambeint temps can be much higher.. Also have stock ECM to monitor and change timing, if need be.. Just need to have a storage box for bug spray built and a injector on charge pipe.. Peice of plss

Top Bottom